If you’re new to online school, homeschool, or distance learning and trying to support your child’s education—while also working from home—you’ve probably had questions and hit a few bumps along the way. You’re not alone—and we can help.
Explore this curated list of resources and advice for parents, written and compiled by online school experts. You’re sure to find some good advice for keeping your children engaged in learning at home.
- Motivational Tips (.PDF) - This document provides tips and ideas to motivate your student.
- Student Struggle While Learning Can Have Positive Results (.PDF) - This document explains the value of productive struggle and how to incorporate it into your student's day.
- Succeeding with a Growth Mindset (.PDF) - This document explains the meaning of developing a growth mindset and how to encourage it with your student.
- Coach for Active Learning: Elementary (.PDF) - This document explains how to engage your elementary grade student in active learning.
Middle and High School
- Coach for Active Learning: Middle School (.PDF)
This document explains how to engage your middle school student in active learning.
- Coach for Active Learning: High School (.PDF)
This document explains how to engage your high school student in active learning.
- Coach for Success: High School (.PDF)
This document explains how to coach your high school student and describes effective virtual school habits.
The tips and advice in these resources are designed to help your family find success in home school, online school, and distance learning. As you and your students gain success, you’re likely to find the time you spend learning together rewarding and begin to enjoy the many benefits of at home learning.
To discover more ways to enhance your child’s learning from home, explore our family resource page.