Texas Online High School Program
At Texas Connections Academy @ Houston (TCAH), high school students connect to an award-winning curriculum that meets national and state standards through our online learning portal. That means that families have an additional choice to homeschooling that gives their students a well-rounded and free public school education online.
The TCAH virtual high school curriculum is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While math, science, English, and social studies form the core of the curriculum, TCAH also offers a wide variety of
virtual high school courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Virtual High School Courses in Texas
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core virtual high school courses covers subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, and art.
- Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®)* Courses: Our online Honors and AP courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Students may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: TCAH core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
For more information, review the high school sample lessons and read about Connection Academy'sⓇ
Support from Online School Guidance Counselors & Teachers
To make sure that the graduating class of seniors are well prepared for the transition out of online high school, Connections Academy provides:
- A College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to a full-time, certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Student Advisory Council and Debate Club
We offer in-depth support to ensure that students understand the Texas Connections Academy @ Houston virtual high school graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
Learn More About Graduation Requirements
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Student interaction is a critical part of the overall educational process. While most of the instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through
LiveLesson technology. This is also the technology students use to turn in homework assignments and securely track their own progress.
Learn More About the Technology
* AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.