Arkansas Virtual School Eligibility Requirements for the 2018-19 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Arkansas Connections Academy (ARCA). Student eligibility requirements are determined by Arkansas state laws. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in ARCA for grades K–11.
Note: Arkansas Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently expelled or suspended from their local school or district.
To participate in ARCA, students must:
- Be able to perform at grades K–11 in an Arkansas public school curriculum.
Prior Public Schooling Requirements
All students who have previously attended public, private, or home school are eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 1 in the school year for which you are applying.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before August 1 in the school year for which you are applying.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns eighteen (18) years old on or before August 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Arkansas Connections Academy.
- Students requesting to be enrolled at the highest grade level offered by the school must be on track for graduation with their cohort year. Additionally, students that have previously attempted coursework at the highest grade offered by the school will typically not be eligible for enrollment in the same grade.
Proof of Age
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Baptismal papers
- Military ID
- Student Driver's license
- Proof of Recent Physical: Students enrolling in Kindergarten should provide a copy of the student's most recent physical examination.
You must reside within the state of Arkansas and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the Enrollment Team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or signed annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
All students in ARCA must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Arkansas official immunization form, Immunization booklet with each dose signed/stamped, an official school record, a health provider/Health Department printout, or the Connections Academy Immunization Form. These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Arkansas allows for medical or religious exemptions. Parents seeking exemption from immunizations for medical or religious reasons must
request a vaccine exemption form directly from the Arkansas Department of Health, Immunization Branch. Please provide ARCA with a copy of the completed exemption form.
See the Arkansas School Immunization Requirements
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Vision Screenings:All new students entering kindergarten and grades 1, 3, 6, and 9 should provide a copy of the student's most recent vision screening within 30 days of the start of school. Returning students entering grades 3, 6, and 9 should provide a copy of the student’s most recent vision screening as well.
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Arkansas Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions