High School Graduation Requirements
To graduate, students must successfully earn a minimum of 22 credits. However, there are no credit requirements to participate in state tests.
Arkansas Connection Academy students may graduate under the Smart Core or Core curriculum. If a parent or guardian waives a ninth-grade student’s right to participate in Smart Core, they may graduate under the Core curriculum. Be sure to check your school handbook for updates.
How Many Credits do you need to Graduate for Smart Core Curriculum?
Arkansas online high school students who elect to graduate under the Smart Core curriculum will be expected to complete the following courses to meet graduation requirements:
- Language Arts: 4 units (English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12)
- Mathematics: 4 units (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Any other approved math course)
- Science: 3 units (Biology, Any 2 other approved science courses)
- Social Studies: 3 units (Civics-0.5, World History, American History, Economics-0.5)
- Health and Safety: 0.5 unit
- Physical Education: 0.5 unit
- Oral Communications: 0.5 unit
- Fine Arts: 0.5 unit
- Career Focus: 6 units
View our High School Courses