Boy in wheelchair works on homework at laptop

Frequently Asked Questions About Utah Connections Academy

To get the information you need from our Utah online school FAQs, click on one of the questions listed below.

What students are eligible to participate in Utah Connections Academy?

Utah Connections Academy serves students throughout Utah in grades K–12. See the enrollment section of the website for full details.

How can students transfer to or from a charter school in Utah?

In accordance with Utah State Code Section 53A-1A-506.5 (2), the parent of a student enrolled in a charter school may withdraw the student from the charter school for enrollment in another charter school or a school district by submitting to the charter school:

  • on or before June 30, a notice of intent to enroll the student in the student's school of residence for the following school year;
  • after June 30, a letter of acceptance for enrollment in the student's school district of residence for the following year;
  • a letter of acceptance for enrollment in the student's school district of residence in the current school year;
  • a letter of acceptance for enrollment in a nonresident school district; or
  • a letter of acceptance for enrollment in a charter school.

What technology is provided to Utah Connections Academy students?

UCA students in grades K–6 will receive one loaned computer per household, as well as an Internet connection subsidy. See the technology section of the website for full details.

Does Connections Academy provide services and accommodations for students with disabilities?

For students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) Connections Academy provides a continuum of virtual special education services that range from consultation, curriculum accommodation and modification, collaboration with learning coaches and general education teachers, to virtual direct instruction. Connections Academy provides students with IEPs with related services, that may include virtual speech language and virtual occupational therapy, as determined by the IEP team. For eligible students with disabilities who do not require special education, Connections Academy develops (as needed) and implements Section 504 plans that detail appropriate accommodations and modifications.

How does Utah Connections Academy support students with disabilities?

Federal law requires Utah Connections Academy to provide its students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Utah Connections Academy is committed to providing its students with equal access to its education program. We provide students with accessibility through resources tailored to each student’s individual abilities and needs, including assistive technologies and individualized support. If your student is in need of assistance in order to fully participate in Utah Connections Academy's education program, please contact the school's special education director at or the school’s 504 coordinator at You can also obtain 24-hour technical support by calling the Accessibility Hotline at 888-639-5960.

School districts and charter schools are required by Utah law, 53A1a-704(10), to inform parents of students with IEPs enrolled in public schools, of the availability of a scholarship to attend a private school through the Carson Smith Scholarship Program.

Are physical textbooks provided to UCA students?

UCA students in grades K–8 receive physical textbooks and online textbooks. UCA students in grades 9–12 receive online textbooks. Hard copies of textbooks are available for purchase.

How do I request a transcript?

Complete this form to request an official school transcript. Fax or mail this form to Utah Connections Academy. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Has any educational organization ever evaluated the program and its curriculum?

Utah Connections Academy is accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), an accrediting division of Cognia, formerly AdvancED.

What provisions are available for UCA students who may need crisis counseling?

The state of Utah provides a free and confidential service through SafeUT Crisis Text and Tip Line. The service provides real-time crisis intervention through texting and a confidential tip program directly from your computer or a downloadable smartphone app. Licensed clinicians are available 24/7 to help any student with emotional crises, bullying, relationship problems, mental health, or suicide related issues.

Read Additional Connections Academy FAQs