Meet Our Texas Connections Academy School Leader
Lea Ann Lockard
As the school leader of Texas Connections Academy since 2009, Ms. Lockard believes in challenging the norm and providing alternatives to the traditional bricks-and-mortar school. An education innovator, she received the following awards:
- 2016 EdTech Leadership Award
- 2014 USDLA Award for Outstanding Leadership by an Individual in the Field of Distance Learning in the online technology - K–12 Education
- Texas Education Support Association's Administrator
of the Year
- National Dropout Prevention Network's Crystal Star
Award of Excellence
She has shared her expertise on topics ranging from curriculum and instruction to collaboration and leadership with various educational groups and committees, and at local, state, and national conferences.
A committed volunteer, Ms. Lockard served four years as an EMT in rural communities, two years on the Meadows Marlins Swim Team Board, and currently serves as chairman of the Spring Branch Public Safety Cooperative.
- Bachelor of business administration in management from Angelo State University
- Master of education in mid management from Prairie View A&M University
- 24 graduate hours in career and technology education from Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi