Indiana Online School Options
Indiana online students have a safe alternative to traditional school with Indiana’s online charter schools. Students thrive and grow, supported by parents and caring teachers who are invested in seeing them reach their potential. With your involvement, you can be part of your student’s education—shaping their K–12 educational journey in a big way.
What grades can I enroll my child in for Indiana online school?
Indiana Connections Career Academy serves students in grades 9–12, and Indiana Connections Academy enrolls students in grades K–12. Both schools accept students from throughout the Hoosier State.
How much does online school cost in Indiana?
Online public school is tuition-free. There are no tuition or materials fees to attend either school.
How is homeschooling different from Indiana’s virtual public school options?
With Indiana online school, parents act as Learning Coaches—not as the main teacher. Experienced, Indiana-certified teachers who have been specially trained in online teaching work with students. They provide instruction and tailor learning plans. And Indiana online school gives families a comprehensive, approved, high-quality curriculum for students in grades K–12. Parents don’t have to select and pay for the curriculum or make sure that it meets their student’s needs.
What is the online school curriculum like in Indiana?
Online school gives Indiana students a solid foundation in all the core courses; the flexibility to schedule their lessons when it works best for them; and the choice of clubs, activities, and electives to create a complete program. And students enrolled in Indiana Connections Career Academy can choose one of six career pathways as a special curriculum focus, leading to accelerated preparation for the future career of their choice.
How does online public school work in Indiana?
Students in Indiana online public school attend school through our online learning portal. They access lessons and coursework and complete and turn in assignments. Your student will have a full school experience with LiveLesson® sessions—the online “classroom” led by teachers and attended by peers.
In addition to teacher-led group instruction, Indiana online school students get one-on-one, individualized attention to make sure they understand what they’re learning. Parents or other caregivers play an important role in online school. They support the learning day by keeping their students motivated, accountable, and on track to succeed.
And because lessons are delivered online, students and families have more freedom to set a learning schedule that works best for them. As long as students finish lessons and coursework on time, they have more room in the day to pursue their individual skills and interests.
What are the benefits of doing online high school in Indiana?
The high school years are pivotal for students, and online high school takes full advantage of the at-home learning environment that minimizes distractions and keeps ninth through twelfth graders focused on completing their education and planning for college or career. School counselors provide college counseling, SAT/ACT registration assistance, and help with applying for financial aid and scholarships.
Are there online schools near me in Indiana?
There are currently two online schools in Indiana for families to choose from.
Indiana Connections Academy
- Serves K–12 online students throughout Indiana.
- Offers a complete program, with all core courses in reading, math, science, and social studies.
- Includes electives, clubs, and activities to give students a complete school experience.
- Provides college and career counseling for high school students.
- Is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI) and authorized by Ball State University.
- Has been a member of the National Honor Society and the National Junior Honor Society since 2012.
Indiana Connections Career Academy
- Serves high school students in grades 9–12 with career-focused pathways that lead to job placement or college.
- Combines online high school core curriculum with college courses or trade school.
- Offers six career pathways to choose from: health science; hospitality and human services; IT; arts and communications; manufacturing, trade, and transportation; and business and marketing.
- Supported by Connections Education LLC, dba Pearson Online & Blended Learning, which is accredited by Cognia, formerly AdvancED.
- Authorized by Ball State University.