Eligibility Requirements for the 2018-19 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Oregon Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Oregon are determined by the Santiam Canyon School District, which is the authorizing body for Oregon Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any general student who turns nineteen (19) years old on or before the first day of school will not be eligible to enroll. Any special education student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before the first day of schoolwill not be eligible to enroll.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Baptismal papers
- Hospital certificate
- Custody documentation
- Military ID or Driver’s License
- Adoption record
- Green card
- Tribal affiliation card
You must reside in the state of Oregon and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Oregon Connections Academy. Students do not need to be withdrawn from their previous school prior to enrolling in Oregon Connections Academy. Please complete the enrollment process and Oregon Connections Academy will notify the student's previous district of the change in schools. HB2301 limits enrollment in virtual schools for full-time students to no more than 3% of a school district’s population. Rules will be issued as to how this will be measured and how students will be notified if they exceed the limit. We do not expect that the limit will impact students enrolling for the 2018–19 school year but will notify any students who are affected.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, water, cable, internet, trash, or propane bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or signed annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Letter from a government agency from the last 60 days
- Settlement statement
- Notarized letter
All Oregon Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations in the form of the Oregon Certificate of Immunization Status.
Oregon allows for medical or religious exemptions, but medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. Please use the Oregon Certificate of Immunization Status form if requesting an exemption.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Dental Screening: Any student seven (7) years old or younger is required to have a dental screening or show proof they've had one.
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Oregon Connections Academy enrollment instructions