Dual Credit Opportunities
To help reduce college tuition, ORCA is pleased to offer dual credit opportunities for high school students. We have partnered with Linn Benton Community College and Chemeketa Community College on their College Now program, which allows students to earn college credit for successfully completing a qualifying high school course.
Through our dual credit program, ORCA students have successfully earned college credit.
- 195 currently enrolled students have earned college credit
- 1 current student has earned 34 credits
- 27 current students have earned 20 or more credits
- 82 current students have earned the state tracked 9 or more credits
- 331 former ORCA students have earned credit
- 526 total ORCA students have earned college credit in the last 4 school years
What happens after registration?
Once the student registers for one of the approved ORCA dual credit courses, his or her teacher will provide specifics about signing up for College Now and successfully earning college credits. Students can participate even if they do not plan on attending Linn Benton Community College or Chemeketa Community College. The credits earned will transfer to any college or university.
To learn more, students may contact their school counselor.