Students/Learning Coaches can log into Connexus® from various devices, such as a mobile phone, tablet, or desktop computer. We regularly test a wide range of devices to ensure the accessibility and functionality of the education management system.
Hardware and Software
We recommend that students/Learning Coaches update software and Internet browsers regularly on each device. For the best experience, try the following connectivity recommendations for accessing Connexus:
- Desktop and Laptop Computers—for the most user-friendly experience
- Operating System
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS 10.7 or later
- Browsers—the latest versions of the following:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 11 or newer
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 only)
- Safari (Mac only)
- Plugins—the latest versions of the following:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or newer
- Alternative: LibreOffice—a free productivity suite compatible with Microsoft Office file formats
Mobile Devices and Third-Party Curriculum
Although we regularly test our education management system, many mobile devices may not be fully compatible with third-party curriculum platforms that are accessed through Connexus. These include: Chromebook, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle, and Android phones & tablets.
- Broadband connection
is required. NOTE: If you have a satellite connection, you may experience performance issues depending on outside weather conditions and latency.
- Minimum Recommended Internet Speeds and Port Settings
- General Connexus Usage
- Download—2 Mbps
- Upload—1 Mbps
- LiveLesson® session (without webcam)
- Download—3 Mbps
- Upload—1 Mbps
- LiveLesson session (with webcam)
- Download—4 Mbps
- Upload—2 Mbps
- You can test your current Internet speeds at http://www.speedtest.net
- NOTE: Speeds less than those noted above may result in a less than optimum user experience
- For LiveLesson sessions and other Connexus content, the following virtual ports need to be open:
- Data usage
- The amount of data transferred over your Internet connection each month depends on what your student’s courses and online activities are each day. We are not able to provide this information because each session in Connexus is unique and varied. Please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to discuss the best option for your needs.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact Connexus Technical Support at 1-800-382-6010, option 5. We are available Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–9 p.m. Eastern.