Students must successfully earn a minimum of 23 credits to graduate and also pass state tests.
As a College and Career Ready school in Nevada, NCA students who graduate with a high school diploma will successfully complete courses that allow for career exploration, preparation for college, and prepare for technical, trade, and military opportunities. Students must be placed into one of three track options to earn the necessary credits: Advanced Placement/Honors, Career and Technical Education (CTE), or Dual Enrollment. Learn more about our track and diploma options.
Be sure to check your school handbook for updates. The course credits required to graduate with a standard diploma include:
The course credits required to graduate include:
- Language arts: 4 credits
- Math: 3 credits (including Algebra 1 and Geometry)
- Science: 3 credits (including Biology and a physical science)
- Social studies: 3.5 credits (including World History, US History, and Government)
- Health: 0.5 credit
- Physical education: 2 credits
- Technology: 0.5 credit
- Humanities: 1 credit
- Additional credits of electives are required: at least 5 credits