Girl on laptop outside on bleachers

Falcon View Connections Academy Enrollment Checklist for the 2020-21 School Year

Thank you for your interest in Falcon View Connections Academy (FVCA). Many of our families have discovered that online school is a much better fit for their students. The following information will help you take the right steps when it comes to preparing for enrollment.

Get Prepared icon

Get Prepared for Enrollment Information

Do you have everything you need? Because Falcon View Connections Academy is a public school, it is required that parents submit all state-required documentation and information for each student in their family. Being prepared will save you time and the enrollment process will go much more smoothly.

Follow our Enrollment Checklist below to ensure you have all the documents necessary to enroll. This checklist shows all state requirements as well as tips that may help you find any documents you do not have. Once your documents are ready, you can easily create an account and fill out all the enrollment forms in Connexus®, our online system.

Note: Students who have been or are currently suspended or expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.

What Documents to Have Ready

Please have the following documents available when you are ready to begin the enrollment process:

Required Documents

The following documents are required when it comes to completing enrollment at Falcon View Connections Academy. These documents should be readily available when you begin the enrollment process:

Proof of age icon

Child's Proof of Age

A copy of at least one of the following documents must be provided for each child of your family in order to prove age eligibility:

  • Official birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Certificate of Live Birth
  • Hospital Certificate
  • Baptismal Papers
  • Court-issued documents
  • Green card
  • Tribal Affiliation card
  • Government-issued ID

To avoid long delays, provide a copy of ONE of the above official documents with your other enrollment documents. If you don’t have any of these documents in your possession, contact our enrollment team at 855-741-5125 for a list of acceptable alternatives.

Not Sure Where to Get That?

Eligibility by Age is as follows:

  • Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year in which they are enrolling.
  • First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, in the school year for which they are enrolling.
  • Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Falcon View Connections Academy.

Proof of residence icon

Proof of Residence (1 form)

The Minnesota State Department of Education requires that you must live in the state of Minnesota and be able to provide ONE proof of residency in order to be eligible for enrollment at Falcon View Connections Academy. The acceptable forms of documentation should be verifiable and are listed below. Items marked with an asterisk (*) must be dated within the last 60 days:

Not Sure What is Accepted as Proof?

  • Utility bill (electric, gas, water, or sewage) showing service address*
  • Mortgage statement (showing property address) *
  • Lease agreement (signed, showing terms of lease)
  • Most recent property tax statement
  • Cable bill*
  • Internet bill*
  • Current driver’s license or state-issued ID
  • Letter from government agency*

If you don’t have any of these documents available, please contact our enrollment team to discuss any acceptable alternatives.

Proof of immunization icon

Proof of Immunization

All Falcon View Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on one of the following:

  • State of Minnesota official student immunization form
  • Immunization booklet with all doses signed/stamped
  • Health care provider/Health Department printout
  • Official school record signed/stamped

Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?

For a complete listing of immunizations required by the Minnesota Department of Health, view the section on Immunizations Required for School Grades K–12 on the Minnesota Department of Health website.

Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?

Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots he or she needs to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.

What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?

If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through the following program:

  • Vaccines for Children (VFC) program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of inability to pay. Children who are eligible for VFC vaccines are entitled to receive pediatric vaccines that are recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Immunization Exemptions

Minnesota allows for medical contraindication, laboratory evidence of immunity, and conscientious-objection exemptions; however, medical and laboratory exemptions forms must be signed by a physician. Please use the Minnesota Student Immunization/Exemption form if requesting an exemption.

This form must be signed by you and, if required, by a physician. According to Minnesota Statutes Section 135.14, for conscientious objection, a statement specifying the exempt vaccines must be notarized by a notary public.

  • Conscientious Objection: For conscientious objection by the patient/parent/legal guardian to one or more of the vaccines, you must provide a notarized statement specifying the vaccine(s) and submit the signed exemption form.
  • Medical Exemption: For a medical contraindication to required vaccine(s), including anaphylactic reaction to a previous dose or to vaccine component(s), the patient or parent/guardian must have a signed statement by a physician specifying the vaccine(s).
  • Laboratory Evidence of Immunity Exemption: For laboratory evidence of immunity to a disease covered by the immunization law, the patient/parent/guardian must have a signed statement by a physician specifying the vaccine(s).

Important Documents and Prior Academic Records

Academic Records icon

Prior Academic Records

Any student who has previously attended a traditional public school, private school, or homeschool is eligible to enroll and will be asked to submit their academic records for placement.

  • Students requesting to be enrolled at the highest grade level offered by the school must be on track for graduation with their cohort year. Additionally, students that have previously attempted coursework at the highest grade offered by the school will typically not be eligible for enrollment in the same grade.
  • Report Card
    For students applying for grades K–9: Please submit a copy of the previous year’s report card.

    The following items must be included on the report card:
    • Student Name
    • Grade Level
    • School Year (example: 2019-20)
    • School Name
    • Grading Scale (example: 90–100%=A)
  • Unofficial Transcript
    For students applying for grades 10-12: Submit an unofficial transcript with complete end-of-year grades from their previous school year as well as any academic documentation (like progress reports, class schedules, or semester report cards) issued for their current school year. More documentation could be requested for placement.

    The following items should be included on the unofficial transcript:
    • Student Name
    • Grade Level
    • School Year (example: 2019-20)
    • School Name
    • Grading Scale (example: 90–100%=A)
    • Credits Earned
Not Sure How to Acquire Your Child’s Transcripts?

  • Contact your student’s previous school and request documentation. Tell them the information you need according to the outline above, OR call your school's district office.

If after attempting these steps and you still can’t obtain your student's report card or transcripts, please call our academic placement services team at 855-741-5125 to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Have Your Child(ren) Been Formerly Homeschooled?

If your child(ren) have previously been homeschooled, please complete one of the documents below, which are available through Connexus.

  • Prior Academic History Form
    Any homeschooled students in grades K–12: Fill out the Prior Academic History Form and indicate what courses were completed through your homeschool curriculum.

Other Documents for Special Circumstances

Though not applicable to all families, please submit the documentation requested if the information below is specific to your student.

Other Documents icon

Other Documentation

You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:

  • Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.

Ready to Enroll?

Once you have gone over all of the required documentation listed above and have what you need in your possession, you may proceed with enrollment in our K–12 online school.

Problems or Questions?

If any questions or concerns arise about how to enroll or use our Minnesota online school enrollment checklist, we can help. Please call our enrollment team at 855-741-5125.

Falcon View Connections Academy admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected classification.