Lighthouse Connections Academy
Lighthouse Connections Academy (LCA), a full-time, tuition-free online public charter school, has been authorized by Oxford Community Schools to serve students throughout the state beginning in the 2018–19 school year. The online school serves students in grades K–12.
Lighthouse Connections Academy helps each student grow and expand his or her abilities through a personalized learning program featuring:
- A rigorous proven curriculum aligned to Lighthouse Connections Academy standards and to state and national standards
- A course catalog with hundreds of choices, including electives and extracurricular programs to help students develop critical-thinking skills, global awareness, and technology fluency essential for success in the 21st century
- Michigan-certified teachers and school leaders who use student performance data to guide day-to-day instructional decisions and maximize student achievement
- The opportunity for parent involvement, with full access to teachers, curriculum, grade book, and other resources, to maintain communications and a high level of accountability
- Flexible scheduling beneficial to students who are involved in sports, travel frequently, or would like more family time