Benefits of Online Schooling from Home
Some parents are hesitant to choose online school because it is unfamiliar to them, but once enrolled, they discover how well it can work for their children. The online structure allows students to thrive in ways that may not be possible in traditional brick-and-mortar public school systems. Though the benefits of virtual school are plentiful, here are some of the strongest reasons why virtual school could be the right school choice for your family:
- more flexibility to meet a student’s individual needs
- alternative opportunities for struggling students to succeed
- increased use of integrated technology, resulting in better preparation for the future
- fewer distractions and time fillers
- more opportunities for one-on-one interaction with instructors
- additional growth opportunities, including Advanced Placement® courses,*college acceleration programs, gifted and talented courses, and special needs programs
Online School from Home vs. Homeschooling
Although both may occur in the home, there are many differences between online schools vs. homeschools. An online learning environment allows children to receive the attention and involvement from parents that is typically found with homeschooling, but it brings more resources for learning.
What is Online School?
With virtual school, your family can enjoy a high degree of flexibility without sacrificing the benefits of professional teaching expertise and accountability. Online schools may include:
- state-certified public school teachers
- licensed school counselors
- grades and assessment testing
- established curriculum that meets state standards
- attendance policies and other best practices
- accreditation of school, provider, or sponsoring organization†
Because this is public school, the school is accessible to families of all income levels and backgrounds. Learn how you can get started at an online school today.
How to Enroll in K–12 Online School
Getting started with Connections Academy virtual school isn’t difficult, but it may take a bit of time—so start enrollment early! Parents will need to complete the necessary forms, which can be done online using your computer or mobile device, then provide any requested documents.
After we verify the information, prepare your student’s course placement, and confirm the details with you, your student’s texts and materials can be shipped.