Frequently Asked Questions about Indiana Connections Career Academy
What is online school? What do you need to know before enrolling? To get the information you need from our Indiana online high school FAQs, click on one of the questions listed below.
How is Indiana Connections Career Academy different from traditional high schools?
Indiana Connections Career Academy is a public full-time, tuition-free online school with a strong focus on career readiness. INCC is open to Indiana students across the state in grades 9–12.
INCC is supported by Connections Academy, a leader in online learning with a long track record of success with Indiana students. INCC is a great fit for students who:
- Want to graduate prepared to enter the workforce in one of Indiana’s high growth career fields, including healthcare, IT, manufacturing, public service, business, hospitality, cosmetology, and much more.
- Seek a college and career-focused high school program that includes certification and career-focused electives
- Want opportunities to gain real-world experience in their chosen career field
- Are able to work both independently and with others
- Like the flexibility of pursuing their high school diploma at home, allowing them to complete internships and work experiences while earning credit.
- Seek a rigorous curriculum that will prepare them for a range of college experiences and for the workforce.
What technology is provided to Indiana Connections Career Academy students?
Households must provide their own computer and Internet service unless they request and qualify for a technology hardship exception. See the Technology section for full details.
How does Indiana Connections Career Academy support students with disabilities?
Federal law requires Indiana Connections Career Academy to provide its students, regardless of disability, with an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the school’s education program. Indiana Connections Career Academy is committed to providing its students with equal access to its education program. We provide students with accessibility through resources tailored to each student’s individual abilities and needs, including assistive technologies and individualized support. If your student is in need of assistance in order to fully participate in Indiana Connections Career Academy's education program, please contact the special education director at email@example.com or the school’s 504 coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also obtain 24-hour technical support by calling the Accessibility Hotline at 888-639-5960.
Are physical textbooks provided to INCC students?
INCC students receive online textbooks. Hard copies of textbooks are available for purchase.
Does INCC provide information about the Medicaid Nondiscrimination Compliance?
INCC is committed to to a policy of educational and workplace equality as outlined in the IHCP Bulletin. For any questions concerning these requirements or for more information, please call 1-800-577-1278.
Read additional Connections Academy FAQs
The federal Every Students Succeed Act (ESSA) requires all states, school districts, and schools to provide annual report cards to parents and communities. The report card includes data about test results, attendance, graduation rates, and certification status of teachers. Please see the Indiana Connections Career Academy report card.