Support and Guidance
California Connections Academy virtual students are never alone. They have continual support from our team who work with students to map out current needs and future projections. Counselors and Learning Coaches assist in the tutoring process, and help students develop the best plan to set goals and reach their milestones. Expert and qualified teachers also work with students to ensure that they are receiving the best educational experience possible in their studies.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
California Connections Academy not only works hard to provide a safe and motivating educational environment, but also prepare students for world after high school. Various services include:
- A College Planning Club that helps students gain perspective and direction.
- Certified school counselors to guide online students.
- Support designing a four-year educational strategy
- College and career planning that includes help in finding the right college, financial aid and scholarships, information and access to college entry tests, and finding career opportunities.
- Workshops to that help virtual students understand the college application process.
Our affiliation with the National Honor Society (NHS) provides our students with information about college scholarships and leadership development, as well as opportunities to serve their community and be awarded for their achievements.
Activities and programs at California Connections Academy provide students with the right support to help them with the transition from a fully online high school to whatever path they have chosen. One of our aims is to prepare our students to participate in a fast and ever changing world productively and positively.
Preparing Students for College
California Connections Academy offers AVID, an elective class that meets three times a week to help the academic high school student prepare for college. AVID provides the academic, social, and emotional support that will help students succeed in the school's most rigorous courses with:
- Extra tutor support
- Curriculum to develop Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, Reading (WICOR)
- Guidance to practice effective note taking and study skills
- Presentations to explore different colleges and careers
- Field Trips to experience college environment
Students are selected to take part in this elective via an application and interview process.
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
High school students feed on technology; therefore, interacting in a virtual classroom is not a novelty. Students at California Connections Academy are able to access all of their materials, lessons, and their teachers anywhere and anytime. Our LiveLesson® technology provides students a user-friendly platform where they can hand in assignments and track progress. Students also have the opportunity to interact in a live virtual classroom environment. Learn More about the Technology.
Experience High School Your Way
California Connections Academy's online high schools offer an exciting alternative to the traditional classroom setting. If you are looking for something new and unique with the student’s needs in mind, contact Connections Academy to see how we can work together to help you or your student achieve educational success by enrolling in a virtual high school.