Virtual High School Program
Modern teens naturally gravitate toward an online education. Today’s high school students have always had the internet, and they interface with technology both to reach each other and educate themselves on a daily basis. It’s natural, then, for them to take advantage of an online schooling program.
At Arkansas Connections Academy (ARCA), our online school curriculum* is carefully and precisely developed to guide each student to a successful future. With English, math, science, and social studies forming the core of our program, ARCA provides a variety of other high school courses, such as music and language courses, to create a strong foundation for future schooling and careers.
Virtual High School Classes in Arkansas
- Core and Elective Courses: Our core classes include math, science, English, and social studies, but we also offer elective subjects such as digital technology, art history, and journalism.
- Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®) Courses: Our Honors/AP online courses are particularly helpful for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to master a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Some classes include the possibility of college credit while still attending high school, and these credits may be transferable to many colleges.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
For more information, review the high school sample lessons and read about Connection Academy'sⓇ
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To prepare our high school seniors, Arkansas Connections Academy will provide:
- College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to a full-time certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Student Advisory Council and Debate Club
We offer in-depth support to ensure that students understand the Arkansas Connections Academy virtual high school graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
Interaction in a Virtual Classroom
To be properly educated, students must learn to interact in their virtual classroom settings. While most of our virtual schooling can be practiced on the student’s schedule, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through LiveLesson technology. This technology also allows students to turn in homework and track their own progress.
Learn More About the Technology