Child’s Proof of Immunization
All Wyoming Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on one of the following:
- State of Wyoming official immunization form
- Immunization booklet with each dose signed/stamped
- Official school records
- Health provider/Health Department printout
- Connections Academy Immunization form, which is a part of your enrollment documents, available in Connexus
These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
If those options are not successful, an Authorization to Release Immunization Records form can be completed. If the immunizations are in the Wyoming Immunization Registry (WyIR), this form will allow the Immunization Program to provide a copy of the record.
Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?
Please refer to the Wyoming School Immunization Requirements provided on the Wyoming Department of Health website.
Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?
Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots he or she needs to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.
According to the Wyoming Department of Health, "there are multiple ways to obtain immunization records." The quickest method would be to contact the primary care provider or the last school attended. Schools will generally not keep immunization records for more than a year or two, at the longest, until graduation. After a student graduates, records are sent to the Wyoming State Archives and can be retrieved with a phone call 307-777-7826.
For a directory of Wyoming-based providers, please review the Public Health Nursing Office and Private Physicians, Hospitals, Rural Health and Federally Qualified Health Centers, and Other Providers webpage.
What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?
If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through this program:
A student may be exempt from immunizations for the following reasons: medical exemption or religious exemption.
- Medical Exemption: The parent must submit to the State Health Officer or County Health Officer a signed, notarized, Wyoming Department of Health, Medical Exemption form. This form must be accompanied by written evidence from any physician licensed to practice medicine in any jurisdiction of the United States that the administration of the specific immunization is medically contraindicated to the student.
- Religious Exemption: The parent or guardian shall sign a notarized, Wyoming Department of Health, Religious Exemption stating that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with his or her religious tenets and religious practices.