Boy works on laptop at kitchen table

Wyoming Connections Academy Enrollment Checklist for the 2020-21 School Year

Thank you for considering Wyoming Connections Academy for your child's education. Many families have found our online school program to be a better fit for their students. The information on this page will help you prepare for enrollment.  

Get Prepared icon

Get Prepared for Enrollment

Do you have everything you need? Because Connections Academy is a public school, parents must submit state-required information and documentation for each student. You will save time and enrollment will go more smoothly if you are prepared!

Use the Enrollment Checklist below to gather the documents you will need. The checklist lists your state's requirements, plus tips to help you find documents you may not have. Once you have your documents ready, it’s easy to create an account and complete the enrollment forms in the Enrollment Portal.

Students who are currently expelled or suspended from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.

What Documents to Have Ready

Please have the following documents available and ready to upload to the Enrollment Portal:

Required Documents

The documents below are required for enrollment in Wyoming Connections Academy. Please submit or transfer information from the following:

Proof of age icon

Child's Proof of Age

A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.

  • Official birth certificate
  • Passport
Not Sure Where to Get That?

As a reminder, the age eligibility is as follows:

  • Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 15 in the school year for which you are enrolling. 
  • First grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 15 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
  • Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 15 will not be eligible to enroll in Wyoming Connections Academy.

Proof of residence icon

Proof of Residence (1 form)

A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Not Sure What is Accepted as Proof?

  • Utility Bill
    Acceptable Documents Include: Gas, electric, water, sewage, cable, home phone, or internet bill that is dated within the last 60 days and that includes your name and service address.
  • Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or signed lease agreement (including Section 8 agreement)
  • Wyoming tax assessment form/property tax statement
  • Wyoming driver's license/state ID showing your home address
  • Bank Statement
    A bank statement issued to the parent/guardian within the last 60 days
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Payroll stub
    A paycheck or paystub issued to the parent/guardian within the last 60 days and shows your home address.
  • W-2 form showing your home address.
  • Letter from a government agency dated within the last 60 days.
  • If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team at 800-221-2720 to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Proof of immunization icon

Child’s Proof of Immunization

All Wyoming Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on one of the following:

  • State of Wyoming official immunization form
  • Immunization booklet with each dose signed/stamped
  • Official school records
  • Health provider/Health Department printout
  • Connections Academy Immunization form, which is a part of your enrollment documents, available in the Enrollment Portal

These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.

If those options are not successful, an Authorization to Release Health Records form can be completed. If the immunizations are in the Wyoming Immunization Registry (WyIR), this form will allow the Immunization Program to provide a copy of the record.

Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?

Please refer to the Wyoming School Immunization Requirements provided on the Wyoming Department of Health website.

Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?

Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots he or she needs to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.

According to the Wyoming Department of Health, "there are multiple ways to obtain immunization records." The quickest method would be to contact the primary care provider or the last school attended. Schools will generally not keep immunization records for more than a year or two, at the longest, until graduation. After a student graduates, records are sent to the Wyoming State Archives and can be retrieved with a phone call 307-777-7826.

For a directory of Wyoming-based providers, please review the Public Health Nursing Office and Private Physicians, Hospitals, Rural Health and Federally Qualified Health Centers, and Other Providers webpage.

What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?

If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through this program:

  • Vaccines for Children (VFC) program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of inability to pay. Children who are eligible for VFC vaccines are entitled to receive pediatric vaccines that are recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Immunization Exemptions

A student may be exempt from immunizations for the following reasons: medical exemption or religious exemption.

  • Medical Exemption: The parent must submit to the State Health Officer or County Health Officer a signed Wyoming Department of Health, Medical Exemption form. This form must be accompanied by written evidence from any physician licensed to practice medicine in any jurisdiction of the United States that the administration of the specific immunization is medically contraindicated to the student.
  • Religious Exemption: The parent or guardian shall sign a Wyoming Department of Health, Religious Exemption stating that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with his or her religious tenets and religious practices.

Important Documents

Academic Records icon

Prior Academic Records

All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll and will be requested to submit academic records for placement.

  • Report Card
    For students applying for grades K–9: Please submit a copy of the report card from the most recent school year.

    The following items should be included on the report card:
    • Student Name
    • Grade Level
    • School Year (example: 2019–20)
    • School Name
    • Grading Scale (example: 90–100%=A)
  • Unofficial Transcript
    For students applying for grades 10–12: Submit an unofficial transcript that includes the complete end-of-year grades from the prior school year and any academic documentation (such as a progress report/interim report, class schedule, or marking period/semester report card) issued for the current school year. Additional documentation may be requested for placement.

    The following items should be included on the unofficial transcript:
    • Student Name
    • Grade Level
    • School Year (example:2019–20)
    • School Name
    • Grading Scale (example: 90–100%=A)
    • Credits Earned
Not Sure How to Get Your Child’s Report Card or Transcript?

  • Contact your student's previous school and request the document, providing them with the information outlined above, OR contact your school's district office with the request.

If after attempting these steps you still cannot obtain your student's report card or transcript, please contact the academic placement services team at 800-221-2720 to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Have Your Child(ren) Been Formerly Homeschooled?

  • Prior Academic History Form
    For homeschooled students in grades K–12: Complete the Prior Academic History Form indicating what courses were completed through a homeschool curriculum.This form will be available to you in the Enrollment Portal.

Other Documents for Special Circumstances

Though not applicable to all families, please submit the documentation requested if the information below is specific to your student.

Other Documents icon

Other Documentation

You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:

  • Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
  • Special Education Documentation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) within the past three years, please submit the following documents:
    • IEP Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent IEP from within the last year.
    • Supporting Evaluation Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent Evaluation Documentation.
  • Additional Special Education Documentation:
    • IEP Exit Documentation: If your student has been formally exited from special education services, please submit a copy of the formal exit documentation.
  • Section 504 Plan: If your student has had a Section 504 plan within the past three years, please submit a copy of this document.

Ready to Enroll?

Once you have all of the required documentation (outlined above), you are ready to proceed with enrollment in Wyoming Connections Academy.

Problems or Questions?

If you have any concerns or questions about how to enroll or use our Wyoming virtual school enrollment checklist, our enrollment team is here to help. Please call us at 800-221-2720.

Wyoming Connections Academy admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected classification.