Free Online Courses for Utah High School Students
If you are a Utah high school student in grades nine through twelve, you can now enroll in Connections Academy’s online courses through Utah’s Statewide Online Education Program (SOEP)! High school students are eligible to take up to five year-long online courses (ten semester-long courses) from an approved online provider such as Utah Connections Academy.
These courses are available on a part-time basis atno cost.
High School Courses
To learn more about courses offered, view thecourse list* with USOE core/course codes. You can also become better acquainted with Connections Academy by checking out our online sample lessons, texts, and supplies.
How to Enroll in a Free Online Course
Enrollment has already started, but there's still time! You can enroll directly through Utah Connections Academy or through your school counselor. Here are step-by-step instructions to help you register for a course:
- Step 1: Begin by reviewing ourcourse catalog to determine the appropriate course(s).
- Step 2: After selecting your course(s) of interest, fill out and print theStudent and Parent Online Course Plan.
- Step 3: Please revise your regular school schedule before enrolling in online courses. Remember, you can take up to five (5.0) full credits online. Make sure all classes fulfill your Student Education and Online Course Plan (SEOP) as well.
- Step 4: Complete and submit the enrollment form.
- If you are enrolled in a release-time class, you can still take a .5 credit course online during the second semester without even having to change your schedule! Select the course you want to take, click on the enrollment form found on the USEO website, fill it out, and submit!
The Utah Department of Education will contact your school and the online provider about your enrollment.
Need More Information?
If you are interested in full-time virtual education, check outUtah Connections Academy.
What Is Utah Connections Academy?
Utah Connections Academy (UCA) is a tuition-free, K–12 public online school for students living anywhere in Utah. Authorized under state law by the Utah State Charter School Board, UCA is operated by Utah Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Utah, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. The school is governed by an independent Board of Directors and all meetings are open to the public.
Connections Academy combines the strong parental involvement and flexible learning environment of home schooling, with the expertise and accountability of a traditional classroom, to help students achieve utmost success.