Ohio Connections Academy Eligibility Requirements for the 2020-21 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Ohio Connections Academy, an online school in Ohio. Student eligibility requirements in Ohio are determined by the Ohio Council of Community Schools, which is the authorizing body for Ohio Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Ohio Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently suspended or expelled from their local school or district.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 1 in the school year in which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 30 in the school year in which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-two (22) years old on or before the first day of school will not be eligible to enroll in Ohio Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
You must reside in the state of Ohio and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Ohio Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, water, sewage, garbage/trash, cable, Internet, or land line telephone bill from the last 90 days that includes your name
- Mortgage statement from the last 90 days or signed lease agreement
- Rent receipt from the last 90 days
- Property tax statement
- Voter registration card
- Bank statement from the last 90 days
- Payroll stub from the last 90 days
- Letter from a government agency from the last 90 days
All Ohio Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Ohio official immunization form, the Connections Academy Immunization form, an official school record, a healthcare provider or Health Department printout, or an immunization booklet with all doses stamped or signed. These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Ohio allows for medical, personal or religious exemptions, however medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. Please use the Connections Academy Immunization/Exemption form if requesting an exemption.
See the Ohio school immunization requirements
Ohio Emergency Medical Authorization Form
Ohio Connections Academy has a new regulatory requirement to have parents complete an Emergency Medical Authorization Form. This form enables parents and guardians to authorize the provision of emergency treatment for children who become ill or injured while under school authority, when parents or guardians cannot be reached. This form will be available to you in Connexus.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll. Students who are currently expelled from an Ohio public school are not eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
Return to Ohio Connections Academy enrollment instructions
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.