Eligibility Requirements for the 2019-20 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Nevada Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements for virtual schools in Nevada are determined by the Nevada State Board of Education, which is the authorizing body for Nevada Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following Nevada virtual school eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–10.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll with Nevada Connections Academy.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on September 30 in the school year in which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on September 30 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any general education student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 30 will not be eligible. Any special education student who turns twenty-two (22) years old on or before September 30 will not be eligible to enroll. Students eighteen (18) years or older who have not been continually enrolled may not be eligible to enroll.
High School Eligibility
At this time, NCA will not be opening enrollment for students that entered high school on or before the 2017–2018 school year. Academic documentation will be requested to confirm the school year your student entered high school.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Military ID or Driver's License
- Tribal affiliation card
- Green card
You must reside in the state of Nevada and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, water, sewage, cable, home phone, or internet bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or annual lease agreement
- Rent receipt from the last 60 days
- Valid Nevada driver's license
- Letter from a government agency from the last 60 days
Only those Nevada Connections Academy students who provide evidence of having met the state of Nevada immunization requirements to enroll in a Nevada public school may enroll with Nevada Connections Academy. Please submit the dates of the student's immunizations on either a state of Nevada official immunization form, a current immunization booklet with all doses stamped or signed, official school record, or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Students entering Nevada Connections Academy must be current with all required immunizations or show proof of exemption. Immunization Records may be obtained from your local health department or from your student’s health care provider.
Students are required to be immunized against the following diseases per the CDC guidelines:
- Diphtheria, Pertussis, & Tetanus (Students entering 7th grade must have 1 Tdap vaccination)
- 7th grade Tdap booster
- 7th grade MCV 4
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A
- Varicella (unless exposed)
Nevada allows for medical or religious exemptions. However, medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. Please use the Connections Academy Immunization/Exemption form if requesting an exemption.
See the Nevada Immunization requirements
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
Return to Nevada Connections Academy enrollment instructions
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.