Michigan Virtual High School Courses
High school serves as the culmination of a student’s K–12 academic career. It also helps prepare students for the challenges that await in life. Whether your student is preparing for college, a career, or a life of intellectual growth, our high school courses offer the learning opportunities that will help with the journey ahead. By enrolling full time in the virtual high school classes at Michigan Connections Academy, students have access to the flexibility and support crucial to establishing a pattern of success in every area of their lives.
Our grade 9–12 education features a core curriculum covering math, science, English, and social studies. These courses are designed to strengthen each student’s foundation in key areas of learning. In addition, we offer a wide variety of elective courses to help each student gain a diverse, personalized education. Electives cover a wide variety of topics such as digital photography, marine science, game design, and world languages, all of which encourage students to explore and grow on their path to becoming well-rounded individuals. Students also have access to challenging honors and Advanced Placement®* classes and can prepare for the future by joining college and career clubs.
We focus on student success. Our program ensures each student is provided with a personalized learning plan and has access to school counselors dedicated to promoting academic achievement and personal development. We help guide students through the process of completing high school through our virtual courses and career counseling.
Preparing for College
College and Career Planning
Michigan Connections Academy makes it a priority to make sure every high school student understands and meets the graduation requirements. The school provides a wide variety of resources and tools to prepare students to successfully navigate the transition from virtual high school to higher education, such as:
- Access to a certified school counselor
- Assistance in crafting a personalized four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding opportunities for colleges and careers
- CLiveLesson® online workshops that focus on the college application process,financial aid, and scholarships, including information on local colleges anduniversities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- FFree access to online courses for college admissions test preparation and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Career Club and Debate Club
- Career Technical Education (CTE) courses, which combine both college preparation and workforce skills development into one customized education program. CTE courses are perfect for students interested in exploring and preparing for careers in finance, marketing, psychology, criminal justice, and more.
Virtual high school courses offer a unique alternative to traditional approaches. Each student gains the knowledge and support needed to succeed. You can learn more about Michigan Connections Academy virtual high school and the available online high school classes in Michigan by taking a look at the course descriptions below and checking out our sample lessons.