Iowa Online High School Program
Growing up in a tech-driven world, high school students today are a natural fit for an online education. These teens already spend their days connecting with their friends and interests through technology each day, so why not take advantage of everything a free virtual high school program can offer?
At Iowa Connections Academy (IACA), we’ve placed the future success of our students front and center. We’ve fine-tuned our online high school courses and curriculum to make sure students gain the core knowledge necessary to establish a solid foundation that will ultimately prepare them for postsecondary life as a college student and as a member of the workforce.
Online High School Classes in Iowa
- Core and Elective Courses: In addition to core online high school courses covering English, science, social studies, and math, we offer a variety of elective courses to help students broaden their horizons in subjects like journalism, art history, foreign languages, and digital technology, among others.
- Honors and Advanced Placement®(AP®)* Courses: Students interested in pursuing college after graduation or just hoping to master specific subjects can participate in our Honors/AP online courses.
- College Courses: Students can take college courses while still in high school, earning credit toward high school graduation while simultaneously earning college credit from Iowa Western Community College.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: At Connections Academy, we offer core courses approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. Find a list of approved classes here.
For more information, review the high school sample lessons and read about Connection Academy'sⓇ academic partners.
Support and Guidance
Working with counselors and Learning Coaches, students develop a learning path specific to their own needs and interests. Core subjects are taught by certified teachers who are highly qualified in the courses they teach.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
At IACA, we offer seniors everything they need to prepare for the transition from high school, including:
- College Planning Club
- Access to a certified, full-time counselor
- Help making an academic plan
- Extracurricular activities like Debate Club and Student Advisory Council
- In-depth support to ensure students fully understand graduation requirements
- Career and college planning, including:
- Workshops on financial aid and scholarships
- Online college application workshops and information on local universities
- Help finding college and career opportunities
- Access to help and information on college test preparation
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
In addition to around-the-clock access to curriculum and learning materials, Iowa Connections Academy offers LiveLesson technology to allow students to interact in a live online classroom environment. Learn more about our technology.