Child’s Proof of Immunization
According to the Indiana State Department of Health, students in all grades are required to meet the minimum immunization requirements. All Indiana Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations. You may choose to provide the Connections Academy Immunization Form, which is provided in Connexus, to fulfill this requirement. As an alternative, you may provide one of the following as proof of immunization:
- A physician's written documentation,
- An immunization record from another school,
- An immunization record from the Indiana Immunization Registry (CHIRP) or printed record from another state registry.
This documentation must include the month, day, and year each dose of vaccine was administered and the signature of a medical provider.
This form must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?
Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?
Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots they need to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.
What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?
If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through this program:
A student may be exempt from immunizations in Indiana only for medical reasons or religious beliefs. Only a licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.) can provide a medical exemption. A nurse practitioner or a physician assistant under a physician’s supervision can also give a medical exemption.
All exemptions require a signature and date on the Connections Academy Statement of Exemption, which is available in Connexus.
- Religious Exemption: If the parents or guardians hold religious beliefs which preclude receipt of a vaccination(s), a Connections Academy Immunization/Exemption form (which can be found in your enrollment documents in Connexus) must be completed and signed by the parent or guardian with all information completely supplied, including the vaccines being waived. An updated waiver must be presented each year the child’s immunization status is reported.
- Medical Exemption: You must provide a physician’s certification that a particular immunization is detrimental to the child’s health. It must state in writing that the child has a medical contraindication to receiving a vaccine and must be resubmitted to the school each year. As true medical contraindications to immunization are vaccine specific, medical exemptions must be written for each vaccine that is contraindicated.