About Connections Academy
Connections Academy is a leading provider of virtual schooling for students in grades K–12. This is a unique program that combines:
- Expertise and accountability of public education
- Strong parental involvement
- Highly qualified teachers
- Flexibility of online classes
The mission of Connections Academy is to help each student maximize his or her potential and meet the highest performance standards through a uniquely individualized learning program. We tailor our approach for students of all abilities—preparing students to succeed in school, and in life.
- 2001 -- Connections Academy starts as a separate business unit of Sylvan Ventures, a turnkey virtual school program with a commitment to the highest educational standards and full accountability. Co-founded by education leaders Barbara Dreyer, Mickey Revenaugh, and Dr. Steven Guttentag.
- 2002 -- Connections Academy begins supporting its first online schools in Wisconsin and Colorado.
- 2004 -- Connections Academy is sold to an investor group led by Apollo Management, L.P.
- 2009 -- Connections Academy opens International Connections Academy private school, available to K–12 students everywhere.
- 2011 -- To support the growth of Connections Academy and meet the growing demand for quality K–12 online learning, Connections Education is established.
- 2011 -- Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, acquires Connections Education.
- 2017 -- Connections Education transitions to Pearson Online & Blended Learning K–12, delivering online learning solutions to schools and families around the world via Connections Academy virtual schools, an international private school, and more.
For a full history of the organization, including significant milestones, visit the Timeline
For a list of public schools supported by Connections Academy, visit Schools
Are you interested in a job at Connections Academy? We are looking for hard-working, dedicated individuals to join our team. Please take a look at our current openings, and if you have questions, send an e-mail to OBLemail@example.com. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.