Online School Counselors
Wisconsin Connections Academy’s full-time, licensed virtual school counselors are dedicated to guiding students to reach their full potential, assisting with:
- Academic goal setting, scheduling, and planning
- Personal and social development
- Career planning
- College planning
Helping Students Succeed
With master’s degrees and specialized training in developmental and educational psychology, our school counselors help students address the personal, social, and academic issues that can affect their success in school and in life.
At WCA, our virtual school counseling program is built on relationships, so our counselors are readily accessible to students and families—online, in person, and by phone. With the additional support from our national Connections Academy office and its collaborative network of school counselors across the United States, our counselors bring both individual attention and national expertise to our students and families.
Preparing Students for College and Career
Beyond their daily counseling activities, our counselors offer services designed to help Wisconsin virtual high school students prepare for college and career with:
- Personal learning plans focusing on postgraduation goals
- Interactive online classroom sessions connecting Connections Academy families across the country with real-time information on financial aid and scholarships, college application processes, entrance requirements, and more
- College test preparation courses for the SAT® examinations
- One-on-one counseling with seniors to provide resources and assistance with postsecondary planning, including career options, vocational training, and selecting the right college