Free Online Courses for Utah High School Students
Now you can take online courses at no cost through the Utah Statewide Online Education Program and Utah Connections Academy!
If you are a Utah high school student interested in enrolling in Connections Academy’s online courses individually, we have exciting news for you. Now Utah students in grades 9 through 12 may enroll in individual online courses on a part-time basis through Utah’s Statewide Online Education Program (SOEP). These courses are available at no cost to students or their families!
Any student at any public high school in Utah will have the opportunity to take up to two year-long online courses (four semester-long courses) from an approved online provider. Utah Connections Academy is proud to be one of those providers.
High School Courses
To see the available courses and course descriptions, simply click on an option below. After having a look at course descriptions, take a peek at the Connections Academy experience by checking out our online sample lessons, texts, and supplies.
The courses and materials provided vary by school. Some textbooks are available in online format only.
Course list with USOE core/course code
How to Enroll in a Free Online Course
Enrollment in these courses has already started. There are two ways to sign up for courses (either through your school counselor or through Utah Connections Academy directly). Simply follow these step-by-step instructions to register for a course:
- Step 1: Begin by reviewing our course catalog to determine the appropriate course(s).
- Step 2: After selecting your course(s) of interest, fill out and print the Student and Parent Online Course Plan.
- Step 3: Enroll in the course.
- If you wish to revise your previously selected schedule by substituting online courses in lieu of taking courses at your school, please do so first. Remember, you can take up to two (2.0) full credits online. Make sure all classes fulfill your Student Education and Online Course Plan (SEOP). Complete and submit the enrollment form.
- If you are enrolled in a released time class, you can still take a .5 credit course online during the second semester without even having to change your schedule! All you have to do is select the course you want to take, then click on the enrollment form found on the USOE website, fill it out and submit!
- Step 4: The Utah Department of Education will contact your school and the online provider regarding your enrollment.
Need More Information?
If you are interested in full-time virtual education, check out Utah Connections Academy.
What is Utah Connections Academy?
Utah Connections Academy (UCA) is a tuition-free, K–12 public online school that students attend from home. UCA brings a fully accredited public education directly to your family’s door—anywhere in Utah. Authorized under state law by the Utah State Charter School Board, UCA is operated by Utah Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Utah, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. The school is governed by an independent Board of Directors and all meetings are open to the public.
Connections Academy provides a new form of free public school that students attend from home or another location outside a traditional classroom. This is a unique program that combines the strong parental involvement of home schooling, expertise and accountability, and a flexible learning environment. Connections Academy provides all the tools and support students need to learn in the non-classroom setting.
Outstanding High School Program
Our Online High School students are thriving!
See the difference this made for Ashley Argota, Nickelodeon star and Connections Academy graduate.
› Watch Now!
How Can I Learn More About UCA?
Attend an upcoming information session or call 800-382-6010.
› Find a Session Now!