Free Online School in Southern California
Students throughout Southern California are thriving at Capistrano Connections Academy (CapoCA), a tuition-free online public school. The mission of Capistrano Connections Academy is to leverage 21st century education resources on behalf of students who need a more personalized approach to learning to maximize these students’ potential and meet the highest performance standards. This mission is accomplished through a uniquely individualized learning program that combines the best in virtual education with very real connections among students, family, teachers, and the community to promote academic and emotional success for every learner.
CapoCA gives students the flexibility to learn at home with a curriculum that meets rigorous state education standards with a program that offers:
- California Connections Academy @ Ripon: Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, Contra Costa, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Santa Clara, and Stanislaus counties
- Central California Connections Academy: Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, and Tulare counties
- Capistrano Connections Academy: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties
CapoCA is accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, one of six regional accrediting organizations for higher education institutions recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the United States Department of Education. Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education, which is accredited by AdvancED. AdvancED is an organization representing 27,000 public and private schools and districts across the United States and in 65 countries worldwide.
Welcome to Capistrano Connections Academy
CapoCA is not just a fully-accredited online school. It’s a tight knit school community offering all the services and resources needed to create a well-rounded student experience with:
- Experienced teachers recognized as Highly Qualified by under the No Child Left Behind Act guidelines.
- Field trips that give students and families the opportunity to learn together and make new friends.
- Clubs and activities that foster social development and academic growth.
- An involved community of students and their families.
Find Out More
Want more information about the Connections Academy program?
Capistrano Connections Academy is fully accredited (grades K–12) by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). WASC accreditation is for six years for all grades. Questions regarding accreditation can be directed to the school principal or to WASC at:
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Schools
533 Airport Blvd., Suite 200
Burlingame, CA 94010
Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education, which is accredited by AdvancED.