Ohio Online High School Curriculum
We all know high school can be challenging academically and socially. So why are Ohio Connections Academy (OCA) online high school students succeeding and thriving?
The Key: Multi-faceted Online High School Curriculum and a Supportive Virtual School Community
Imagine a rigorous Ohio online high school curriculum that leverages how, when, and where students learn best. Then integrate the most respected print and online resources, innovative instructional tools, and hands-on activities into dynamic curriculum that engages every type of learner. And top it all off by offering the gamut of high school experiences:
- Core classes in math, science, language arts, and social studies.
- Extensive electives, including foreign languages, digital technology, and journalism.
- Field trips and interactive clubs, including robotics, debate, yearbook and more.
- Honors and AP Courses.
- SAT and ACT Preparation Courses.
- Support for students who need extra help.
- College-credit classes.
- NCAA approved courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
By combining rigor with flexibility, our Ohio online high school curriculum makes success accessible to every student.
Just step into one of our biology classes . . .
In Monday’s LiveLesson® session at our Ohio online school, experienced biology teacher Ms. Freeland leads a class discussion on dichotomous keys for amphibians. Then, using the clues provided by Ms. Freeland and their Biology: The Dynamics of Life text, the class identifies local habitats where they can observe the Northern Leopard frog. By Friday, students and teacher are in the field, observing local species and analyzing local water quality. Finally, on their own schedules, students are using Froguts, a virtual dissection tool, to better understand where biology, anatomy, and ecology converge.
Intrigued? Check out more of our Ohio online high school curriculum materials.
Beyond the Online High School Curriculum – Preparing Your Student for College or Career
Whether college-bound or career-oriented, we make sure our Ohio online school curriculum prepares students for what lies beyond graduation by:
- Providing access to a full-time certified school counselor.
- Helping students create four-year academic plans.
- Guiding students as they consider college and career opportunities.
- Our students’ reading proficiency exceeds statewide averages – as well as those of other online schools.
- Our graduates have been accepted at universities such as,
- The University of Ohio,
- Miami University (Oxford),
- and many more.
- In thousands of daily evaluations to-date, our parents rate our curriculum EXCELLENT.
Oustanding High School Program
Our Online High School students are thriving!
See the difference this made for Ashley Argota, Nickelodeon star and Connections Academy graduate.
› Watch Now!