Student eligibility requirements for Florida Virtual School Full Time are determined by the state of Florida. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine if your student is eligible to participate in grades Kindergarten–8.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.
Prior School Eligibility
FLVS FT Public school (grades Kindergarten–8): There are no prior schooling eligibility requirements. Students who have accepted a Personal Learning Scholarship Account (PLSA) are not eligible to enroll in FLVS FT Public school. The requirements for a PLSA state that the student must be part of a home education program.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Birth certificate
Grades Kindergarten–8: Students must reside in the state of Florida and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment.
If your family is in need of support due to housing or
economic hardship, you may qualify for certain rights and protections under the
federal McKinney-Vento Act. Click on the
documents below for more information:
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the Enrollment Team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Current voter registration card
- Florida driver's license
Public school students are required to submit the DH 680 Florida Certificate of Immunization, or “Blue Card,” as proof of immunization. If you do not have a copy of this form, you can submit your immunization record to your healthcare provider or county health department to have your child’s immunization history transferred to the DH 680 form.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- Report card: We encourage all Kindergarten–grade 5 applicants to supply their most recent report card during the enrollment process. This helps us ensure that students receive the personalized learning that our program offers.
- Unofficial transcript: For students applying for grades 6–8, we recommend submitting an unofficial transcript that includes the complete end-of-year grades from the prior school year and any additional years completed in middle school. (i.e. If your student is applying for grade 8, please ensure the transcript includes end-of-year grades from grades 6 and 7.)
- State testing documentation: If your student is applying for grades 4–8 , the most recent state testing scores are requested for course placement.
- IEP and evaluation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) within the past three years, please submit a copy of the most recent IEP and a copy of the most recent Evaluation Report.
Return to Florida Virtual School Full Time enrollment instructions.