High School Curriculum
Online education is a natural fit for today’s teens. High school students have grown up with the Internet, and they use technology to connect with each other and their interests every day. Who better to take advantage of the benefits and possibilities of a free online high school program?
Connections Academy’s 9–12 education features a curriculum that is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While math, science, English, and social studies form the core of the curriculum, Connections Academy also offers a wide variety of online high school courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Online High School Courses
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core high school courses covers subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and AP® Courses: Our Honors/AP courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Students in certain states may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
Support and Guidance
Connections Academy virtual high school students work collaboratively with their counselors and Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and postsecondary planning. Every core subject is taught by highly qualified and certified teachers with expertise in their relevant content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To make sure that the graduating class of seniors is well prepared for the transition out of virtual high school, Connections Academy provides:
- College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to a full-time, certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Student Advisory Council and Debate Club
We offer in-depth support to ensure that students understand the Connections Academy graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
View the Graduation Requirements
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Student interaction is a critical part of the overall educational process. While most of the instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through LiveLesson® technology. This is also the technology students use to turn in homework assignments and securely track their own progress.
Learn More about the Technology