Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Annual Report Card
View Maine Connections Academy's (MCA) current Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Annual Report Card. The report card includes data about test results, attendance, graduation rates, and the number of professional qualifications of the school's teachers. To navigate to the report card: From the ESSA dashboard, select the appropriate school year, select District under Type, under the District Name Dropdown menu, then select Maine Connections Academy from the list. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Some highlights from the Annual Report Card:
- Over half of Maine Connections Academy teachers hold Masters degrees
- MCA Is the first full-time virtual school in Maine, educating students across the entire state
- MCA offers dual-enrollment and Advanced Placement courses with the ability to earn college credit while enrolled in high school.
- 92% of parents would recommend Maine Connections Academy to other families
- 97% of parents believe the curriculum is of high quality.
- The school is continuing to work on improving graduation rates and addressing chronic absenteeism
As public school, Maine Connections Academy is committed to adhering to policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for students and to prevent bullying. View Title 20-A of the Maine revised statute to learn more about the policy.
Child Find Policy
In accordance with federal law, MCA assumes responsibility for the location, identification and evaluation of all children, within its jurisdiction, ages 3 to 20 years, who require special education and related services. Please see our Child Find Policy for more information.