Iowa Connections Academy Eligibility Requirements for the 2020-21 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Iowa Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Iowa are determined by the Iowa State Board of Education. To learn how to start online school, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Iowa Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently suspended or expelled from their local school or district.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 15 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 15 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Students can complete the school year in which they turn 21. Any student who turns twenty-one (21) on or before the first day of school will not be eligible to enroll in Iowa Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Date of birth affidavit
- Hospital certificate
- Custody documentation
- Military ID or Driver’s License
- Adoption record
You must reside in the state of Iowa and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Iowa Connections Academy. Students do not need to be withdrawn from their previous school prior to enrolling in Iowa Connections Academy. Please complete the enrollment process and Iowa Connections Academy will notify the student's previous district of the change in schools.
- Gas, electric, water, sewage, cable, home phone, or internet bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Valid Iowa driver's license or state ID
- Payroll stub from the last 60 days
- W-2 form showing your home address
- Letter from a government agency from the last 60 days
All Iowa Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations to be eligible for enrollment.
See the Iowa school immunization requirements:
Medical and Religious Exemption
A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical and religious belief reasons. The following document must be submitted for students seeking an exemption from immunizations:
- Medical Exemption: Provide an Iowa Department of Public Health Certificate of Immunization Exemption signed by a health care provider.
- Religious Exemption: Provide an Iowa Department of Public Health Certificate of Immunization Exemption attesting that your religious beliefs conflict with immunization requirements. The form is only valid if signed by a Notary Public.
Required Health Screenings
- Students entering kindergarten and 9th grade must provide certificate of dental screening or a certificate of dental screening exemption.
- Students entering kindergarten must submit a valid Iowa Department of Public Health Certificate of Blood Lead Testing.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students in Iowa who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- IEP: In the state of Iowa, the receiving district (CAM Community School District) and AEA (Green Hills) along with the sending district and AEA must review the open enrollment application of all students eligible for special education services to determine if the student’s needs can be met at Iowa Connections Academy and CAM Community School District. Additional information may be requested in preparation for this review process.
Return to Iowa Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions