Students must successfully earn a minimum of 40 credits graduate and pass ISTEP+ End of Course Assessments. Be sure to check your school handbook for updates.
To graduate with the Core 40 diploma, students will need to complete the following courses:
- Language arts: 8 credits
- Math: 6 credits (can include Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, fourth year of math, or Quantitative Reasoning course)
- Science: 6 credits (including Lab Science and Biology)
- Social studies: 6 credits (including U.S. History, Economics and Government)
- Physical education/Health: 3 credits
- Career-Directed Electives: 11 credits
Beginning with the class of 2023, students will graduate according to new Pathways requirements. Under these new guidelines, students are required to complete all credits toward their chosen diploma, demonstrate employability skills through completion of one of three project choices, and complete a post-secondary readiness competency. The Pathways program allows students to align their graduation requirements with options that best meet their post-secondary needs and goals. Options include the traditional high school diploma route, employability, including project-based learning and work-based learning experience, or postsecondary elective credits. For more information about the Pathways program, visit the Indiana Department of Education website.