What Is Personalized Performance Learning®?
The Approach that Allows Every Student to Flourish
At Indiana Connections Career Academy (INCC), education is personalized to each student’s individual abilities. This personal touch is what sets this program apart from the rest. When students receive the one-on-one individualized attention they deserve, there’s no telling how far they’ll go. The Personalized Performance Learning approach gives every student the best chance to flourish.
We Adapt to Students’ Changing Needs
Personalizing a student’s learning program isn’t a one-time process; it’s ongoing. Students, Learning Coaches/parents, and teachers check in throughout the year to review progress, modify the student's program, and adjust goals as needed. Here’s a little more about how we go about personalizing a student’s education plan:
- Reviewing Student Background and Learning Styles: Teachers, Learning Coaches, and students discuss student strengths, skills, and previous school performance to help inform and guide the best teaching and personalized online learning approach.
- Finding the Right Courses and Placement: Testing and assessments are used to identify and evaluate a student’s strengths, weaknesses, and talents. We uncover skills that may need improvement and look for ways to enhance the student’s learning potential. All of this information is then used to help select courses based on the student’s individual needs.
- Choosing a Career Pathway: Students earn a high school diploma and complete a program of study that prepares them for a career in one of Indiana’s most in-demand fields.
- Setting Goals: Teachers, students, and Learning Coaches work together to set goals for the student and determine a time line for accomplishing these individualized learning goals during the school year.
- Communicating Regularly: When school starts, Learning Coaches and teachers establish a regular communication schedule for the personalized learning plan, depending on the needs of the student.
Take a Look at the Curriculum