Nevada Virtual Middle School Curriculum
Explorer. Poet. Scientist. Historian. In middle school, Nevada Connections Academy students are at the center of the adventure as our courses expand their understanding of the world around them.
Check out some sample lessons and online resources.
Instructional tools take it up a notch with fun, interactive learning games.
We use texts and materials from a wide range of academic partners.
We also offer a wide range of clubs and activities for students to enjoy.
The School of Possibilities
From the pyramids of ancient Egypt, to the properties of the atom, to the classics of world literature, our Nevada virtual middle school begins introducing students to more challenging concepts and subjects:
- Language arts that emphasize reading, writing, and comprehension.
- Math courses that tie fundamental concepts to real-life practice.
- Life and physical sciences that bring principles to life through hands-on activities and cutting-edge instructional tools.
- Social studies that foster a deeper understanding of history, culture, and economics.
- Electives ranging from music to sign language to foreign languages and more.
- Field trips, clubs and activities that provide additional opportunities for social and intellectual growth.
It’s all part of a carefully crafted Nevada online middle school curriculum delivered through online lessons, real-time LiveLesson® sessions, textbooks from leading publishers, and interactive instructional tools.
A Typical Day in Nevada Virtual Middle School
Increasingly independent and innately curious. Nevada virtual middle school students often take charge of their school day at NCA, where the curriculum encourages personal responsibility.
Consider a typical day. Jason, one of our middle school students, logs onto Connexus® and reviews the day’s assignments. After joining his class in a LiveLesson® sessions for math, he’ll practice calculating simple and compound interest using one of our innovative Teachlet® tutorials. On his own initiative, he’ll look for more practice examples in the text. Over dinner that night, his parents will be amazed when he explains how savings can grow. And, when he meets the Chess Club online after dessert, they’ll know it’s just another rewarding day with Nevada Connections Academy.