High School Graduation Requirements
Students must successfully earn a minimum of 20 credits to graduate. A minimum of 5 credits must be earned at Great River Connections Academy (GRCA), and at least 1.5 credits must be earned in the semester immediately prior to graduation. In addition, students must be enrolled in GRCA full-time and not in any other program in the semester prior to graduation. Lastly, students must earn a minimum of 18 points on required End of Course Exams. Please see the Ohio Department of Education link below for full list of Ohio Graduation options.
The course credits required to graduate include:
- Language arts: 4 credits
- Math: 4 credits (including Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2)
- Science: 3 credits (including Life Science, Physical Science, and an Advanced Science)
- Social studies: 3 credits (including U.S. History and Government)
- Physical education: 0.5 credits
- Health: 0.5 credits
- Personal Finance: 0.5 credits
- Fine Arts: 1 credit
- Additional credits of electives are required
Visit the Ohio Department of Education website to learn more about qualifying for a high school diploma in Ohio.