Ohio Connections Academy works tirelessly to be in full compliance with all state laws and mandates on a daily basis. According to the Ohio Department of Education, “Federal and state laws require all districts and schools to test all students in specific grades and courses. There is no law that allows a parent or student to opt out of state testing, and there is no state test opt-out procedure or form. If a parent withdraws a child from participation in certain state tests, there may be consequences for the student, the student’s teacher, and the school and district.”
Ohio Connections Academy administers the following Ohio State–Mandated tests:
- Kindergarten Readiness Assessment — Kindergarten students only
- 3rd Grade English Language Arts—3rd grade students
- Ohio’s State Tests — For Students in grades 3–8
- English Language Arts & Mathematics
- Science (Grades 5 and 8 only)
- End-of-Course Tests—High School Students, Class of 2018 and beyond
- English Language Arts II, Algebra I, Geometry (or Integrated Mathematics I and II), Biology or Physical Science (Class of 2018 only), American History, and American Government
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment — students identified as English-language learners
- SAT College Readiness Exam—11th grade students
- Alternate Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities—students completing an alternative curriculum
Mandated State Testing – Site Locations: The law states that testing sites need to be located within 50 air miles of where our students reside; however, OCA continuously strives to make state testing as stress-free as possible and will offer many test site location choices across the state. Each testing site will provide highly qualified staff members to ensure state testing runs smoothly and efficiently. SAT Testing will be located at a few specifically designated locations in some of Ohio's larger cities.
For more information, please visit the Ohio Department of Education’s state testing web page.