FLVS Full Time Enrollment Checklist

We are so pleased that you are considering enrolling in FLVS Full Time for grades Kindergarten–5. The enrollment process involves several steps, so we encourage you to start early! Use the checklist below to keep track of the process. We look forward to the opportunity to teach your child.

Looking to enroll in grades 6–12? Learn more here.

Get Prepared icon

Get Prepared for Enrollment Information

Do you have everything you need? Because FLVS Full Time is a public school, parents must submit state-required information and documentation for each student. You will save time and enrollment will go more smoothly if you are prepared!

Use the Enrollment Checklist below to gather the documents you will need. The checklist lists your state's requirements, plus tips to help you find documents you may not have. Once you have your documents ready, it’s easy to create an account and complete the enrollment forms in Connexus®, our online system.

Prior School Eligibility

FLVS Full Time Public (grades Kindergarten–5): There are no prior schooling eligibility requirements. Students who have accepted a Personal Learning Scholarship Account (PLSA) are not eligible to enroll in FLVS Full Time Public. The requirements for a PLSA state that the student must be part of a home education program.

Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.

What Documents to Have Ready

Please have the following documents available and ready to upload to Connexus:

Required Documents
The documents below are required for enrollment in FLVS Full Time. Please submit or transfer information from the following:

Proof of age icon

Child's Proof of Age

A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility:

  • Official birth certificate
  • Passport

To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of one of these official documents along with your enrollment documents. If you do not have one of these documents, please contact the enrollment team at 877-500-FLVS (877-500-3587) to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Not Sure Where to Get That?

As a reminder, the age eligibility is as follows:

  • Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
  • First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
  • Maximum Age: The The maximum age to enroll is thirteen (13) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.

Proof of residence icon

Proof of Residence (1 form)

Geographical Limitations: All students (grades Kindergarten–5) must reside in the state of Florida and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment. A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Important information for traveling families and families who change locations is available in the Florida-specific school handbook in our Virtual Library on Connexus.

Not Sure What is Accepted as Proof?

  • Utility bill
    Acceptable Documents Include: cable, internet, water, electric, or gas bill that is dated within 60 days of the enrollment date and that includes your name and service address.
  • Mortgage statement or lease agreement
    Acceptable Documents Include: A mortgage statement, rental statement or lease (including Section 8 agreement) agreement. Please note: Documents must be of a current date, as appropriate for the type of document submitted.
  • Property tax statement
  • Current voter registration card
  • Florida driver's license
  • If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team at 877-500-FLVS (877-500-3587) to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Proof of immunization icon

Child’s Proof of Immunization and Health Examination

Immunization Requirements for FLVS Full Time

Public school students are required to present the Florida Certification of Immunization, Form DH 680, or “Blue Card,” as proof of immunization. The "Blue Card" (Form DH 680), must be used to document the immunizations required for entry and attendance in Florida schools.

These forms are not available to the public and must be completed by a Florida physician or a Florida county health department. If you do not have a copy of this form, you can submit your immunization record to your health care provider or county health department to have your child’s immunization history transferred to the DH 680 form.

If you are a Florida resident and your student has received immunizations in Florida, you can retrieve your child's DH 680 record, which contains the immunizations needed to attend Florida schools, through Florida SHOTS (State Health Online Tracking System) Florida's statewide, computerized immunization registry. Review the FAQs on the Florida Department of Health website for instructions to access and print a copy of your child's DH 680 records.

If you are moving to Florida it is recommended that parents/guardians obtain a copy of the student's complete immunization history before leaving the current state of residence. The county health department that serves the area where the child will be residing will need this information.

Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?

For a complete listing of immunizations required by the Florida Department of Health, view the "Latest Immunization Requirements" webpage.

Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?

Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots they need to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.

Contact your county health department to find the clinic location closest to the child's home or for additional information. To find a local clinic in Florida, please view the "Site Services" webpage developed by the Florida Department of Health.

What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?

If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through this program:

  • Vaccines for Children (VFC) program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of inability to pay. Children who are eligible for VFC vaccines are entitled to receive pediatric vaccines that are recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Immunization Exemptions

A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical reasons or religious beliefs. Students claiming a medical or religious exemption must submit an official Florida exemption form to the FLVS Full Time. More information on exemptions and their requirements is outlined below.

  • Medical Exemption: A Permanent Medical Exemption, documented on the Form DH 680, can be granted if a child cannot be fully immunized due to medical reasons. In this case, the child's physician must state in writing, the reasons for exemption based on valid clinical reasoning or evidence. A request for a medical exemption from immunization requirements must be presented to the facility/school on the Department of Health’s Permanent Medical Exemption From Immunization form (DH 680 Form).
  • Religious Beliefs: An exemption many be issued if immunizations are in conflict with the religious tenets and practices of the child's parent or guardian. This exemption is issued by a County Health Department (CHD) and based on established religious beliefs or practices only. A request for a religious exemption from immunization requirements must be presented to the facility/school on the Department of Health’s Religious Exemption From Immunization form (DH 681 Form).
  • Temporary Medical Exemption: A Temporary Medical Exemption (TME), documented on the Form DH 680, Florida Certification of Immunization, may be granted for those who are in the process of completing any necessary immunizations. The TME requires an expiration date after which the exemption is no longer valid, and the immunizations must be completed before or at that time.

Health Examinations

Students in grades Kindergarten–5, who are making their initial entry into a Florida school must present a record of a physical examination completed within the past 12 months. The exam record should be taken to the child's school upon enrollment. Although a specific form is not required, it is recommended that Florida's standardized School Entry Exam form (DH 3040) be used to document completion of a physical examination. It must be completed by a health care provider licensed to perform physical examinations. For students transferring to a Florida school, a comparable form from another state would be acceptable, if completed within one (1) year.

Important Documents

Having the documents below ready will help our placement team efficiently place your student in his or her appropriate classes.

Academic Records icon

Prior Academic Records

All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll and will be requested to submit academic records for placement.

  • Report Card
    For students applying for Kindergarten-fifth grade: Please submit a copy of the report card from the most recent school year.

    The following items should be included on the report card:
    • Student Name
    • Grade Level
    • School Year (example: 2016–17)
    • School Name
    • Grading Scale (example: 90–100%)
    • Promotion Status
Not Sure How to Get Your Child’s Report Card or Transcript?

  • Contact your student's previous school and request the document, providing them with the information outlined above, OR contact your school's district office with the request.

If after attempting these steps you still cannot obtain your student's report card or transcript, please contact the academic placement services team at 877-500-3587 to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Have Your Child(ren) Been Formerly Homeschooled?

If your children are currently homeschooled, please complete the document below. This document will be available to you in Connexus.

  • Prior Academic History Form
    For homeschooled students in Kindergarten–fifth grade: Complete the Prior Academic History Form indicating what courses were completed through a homeschool curriculum.

Other Documents for Special Circumstances

Though not applicable to all families, please submit the documentation requested if the information below is specific to your student.

Other Documents icon

Other Documentation

You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:

  • Custody Order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
  • Accelerated Coursework: If you are requesting any Accelerated/Enriched programs, it is required that you submit a Gifted Evaluation or Designation Letter from your student's former school, standardized test scores, or other documentation indicating gifted-study potential.
  • Gifted Education: If your student has a gifted Education Plan, a copy is requested at time of enrollment. Additionally, providing a copy of your child’s Statement of Eligibility for gifted education services will support timely and appropriate course placement.
  • Special Education Documentation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) within the past three years, please submit the following documents:
    • IEP Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent IEP from within the last year.
    • Supporting Evaluation Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent Evaluation Report from within the last three years.
  • Additional Special Education Documentation:
    • IEP Exit Documentation: If your student has been formally exited from special education services, please submit a copy of the formal exit documentation.
  • 504 Plan: If your student has had a 504 Plan within the past three years, please submit a copy of this document.
  • State Test Scores: If your student is applying for fourth or fifth grade, the reading and math portion of the state assessment is used for promotion criteria and will be reviewed by an academic placement advisor during the course placement process. Please submit a copy of the results for this assessment to expedite your student’s course placement.

Ready to Enroll?

Once you have all of the required documentation (outlined above), you are ready to proceed with enrollment in FLVS Full Time. All required documents must be received and verified prior to enrollment in FLVS Full Time. Please remember to check Connexus webmail to receive your final confirmation of enrollment.

Problems or Questions?

If you have any concerns or questions about enrollment in FLVS Full Time, contact our enrollment team for additional help. Please call us at 877-500-FLVS (877-500-3587).

FLVS Full Time admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected classification.