Students must successfully earn a minimum of 24 credits and a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) to graduate and participate in state tests. Be sure to check your school handbook for updates.
The course credits required to graduate include:
- English/Language Arts: 4 credits
- Math: 4 credits
- Science: 3 credits
- Social studies: 3 credits
- Fine and Performing Arts, Speech and Debate, or Practical Arts: 1 credits
- Physical Education: 1 credit
- Elective Courses: 8 credits
Students must also pass the following statewide assessments:
- Grade 10 English Language Arts or a concordant score
- Algebra I end-of-course (EOC); the results constitute 30 percent of the final course grade or a comparative score.
Refer to Graduation Requirements for Florida’s Statewide Assessments for concordant and comparative scores. Students enrolled in the following courses must participate in EOC assessments, which constitute 30 percent of the final course grade:
- Algebra 1
- Biology I
- U.S. History