Florida Online High School Program
Online education seems a natural fit for teens today. Current high school students have grown up with the Internet always being available to them, and they use that technology to connect with each other and share their interests every day. Giving them the opportunity to take advantage of a tuition-free virtual high school program can help high school students prepare for their next steps in life.
At Florida Connections Academy (FCA), we use an award-winning online high school curriculum that is developed to help guide each student to a more successful future. While English, math, social studies, and science are part of the core high school curriculum, FCA also has a variety of elective
online high school classes that provide a
great foundation for students’ next step, whether they choose to attend college or start a career.
Florida Online High School Courses
Core and Elective Courses: Our core online high school courses cover all of Florida’s math, science, English, and social studies requirements. We also offer a variety of elective courses, including SAT and CAT prep, foreign languages, journalism, health and physical education, digital technology, and art history. On top of our core and elective courses, we offer higher level learning opportunities to help prepare our students for the next step in their education beyond high school. These include:
- Honors Courses: Our honors courses provide a more rigorous curriculum and a more challenging academic environment to further prepare our students for real world applications and become better equipped for the college application process.
- Advanced Placement® (AP®)* Courses:Students can choose from a wide selection of College Board–approved online Advanced Placement®* courses, giving them the opportunity to earn college credit upon passing the national AP exams.
NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses have been approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
For more information, review the high school sample lessons and read about Connection Academy'sⓇ academic partners.
High School Graduation Prep and Beyond
FCA online high school students work directly with their counselors and Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan that works for them and that provides help with their academic progress and postsecondary planning. All of our core classes are taught by certified teachers who have experience and expertise in their relevant subject areas.
To ensure our graduating class of seniors are ready to transition out of online high school, Florida Connections Academy provides the following:
- A College Planning Club that helps our students develop a strong portfolio with a focus on elements sought out by college admissions committees
- Access to our full-time certified school counselors
- Assistance in creating a personalized four-year academic plan to meet graduation requirements
College and Career Planning for Online Students
We strive to offer in-depth support that helps our students understand the Florida Connections Academy online high school graduation requirements to ensure they are well prepared for life after high school. Your student can expect the following career support:
- Guidance when it comes to finding the right college or career opportunities
- College application LiveLesson® sessions, including information on local colleges and universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson sessions
- Free access to online courses for college admissions test prep, and information about all of the test dates, locations, and more
- Additional extracurricular activities such as the Debate Club, and Career Club, and Art Club.
Learn more about how we can help your student prepare for their future by joining a club or reaching out for support.
Online High School Experience in Florida
Student interaction has always been a critical part of the educational process. While most of our instruction supports learning anytime and anywhere there is an Internet connection, students also get to participate in a live online classroom through our
LiveLesson technology. This technology is also used to turn in assignments and helps students track their own progress.
If you have been looking for a new alternative to the traditional classroom setting, take a look at our resources for teens to learn more about the many benefits of enrolling in an online high school program.
Learn More About the Technology
* AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.