High School Graduation Requirements
Students must successfully earn a minimum of 22 credits to graduate and complete the Senior Capstone project, a year long, non credit course, required for graduation. The Senior Capstone project Includes a minimum of 60 hours of community service, SAT, research paper and final presentation. Please contact your school counselor for all of the details.
For the class of 2021 and beyond, students must earn 3 math credits and a minimum of 22 credits overall in order to graduate. Be sure to check your school handbook for updates.
The course credits required to graduate include:
- Language arts: 4 credits
- Math: 4 credits (including Algebra1, Geometry, and Algebra 2)
- Science: 4 credits (including 2 laboratory sciences)
- Social studies: 3 credits (including U.S. History, Government, and World History)
- World language: 1 credit
- Health: 0.5 credit
- Physical education: 0.5 credit
- Technology: 0.5 credit
- Humanities and art: 0.5 credit
- Financial literacy: 0.5 credit
- ICAP (Freshman Success): 1 credit
- Additional 2.5 credits of electives are required