Students must successfully earn a minimum of 22 credits to graduate and complete the Senior Capstone project, a year long, non credit course, required for graduation. The Senior Capstone project Includes a minimum of 60 hours of community service, SAT, research paper and final presentation. Please contact your school counselor for all of the details. For the class of 2021 and beyond, students must earn 3 math credits and a minimum of 22 credits overall in order to graduate. Be sure to check your school handbook for updates.
The high school course credits required to graduate online school include:
- English: 4 credits
- Math: 3 credits (At least through Algebra 2)
- Science: 4 credits (including 2 laboratory sciences)
- Social Sciences: 3 credits s (0.5 Government/Civics, 1.0 of either US or World History, 0.5 Financial Literacy)
- Physical Education/Health: 1 credit (0.5 of each)
- Foreign Language (if pursuing college 2.0 is recommended): 1 credit
- Connections 101 and College Prep with SAT (0.5 of each): 1 credit
- Additional/Required Electives: 5 credits (0.5 technology, 0.5 art, 0.5 Personal Finance, and/or other acceptable courses which come from any of the academic areas listed)
- Students must complete the SAT and provide his/her scores.
- Complete Connections Senior Capstone with a score of 100%