Boy in wheelchair works on homework at laptop

Frequently Asked Questions about California Connections Academy

To get the information you need from our California online school FAQs, click on one of the questions listed below.

Who is eligible to attend California Connections Academy schools?

Students entering grades TK–12, residing in the counties listed below are eligible to enroll in California Connections Academy:

  • California Connections Academy Southern California: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties
  • California Connections Academy Central: Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings and Tulare counties
  • California Connections Academy Ripon: Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, Contra Costa, Sacramento, San Joaquin, and Stanislaus counties
  • California Connections Academy North Bay: Colusa, Glenn, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Sonoma, and Yolo counties
  • California Connections Academy Central Coast: Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Ventura counties
  • California Connections Academy Monterey Bay: Monterey, San Benito, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz counties. 

What kind of technology does my family need to participate?

Families are encouraged to use their own computer and internet connection which meet our minimum system requirements. See the Hardware and Connectivity page for full details.

What if I do not have a computer and/or Internet access?

During the enrollment process, families may request one computer per household, along with a subsidy for Internet service. Households may request a subsidy towards the cost of Internet service while actively enrolled at the time of disbursement. Payments are made three times a year: December, March, and June. Families not enrolled for the entire payment period will receive a pro-rated payment. Subsidies are not available during the summer months.

Does California Connections Academy provide services and accommodations for students with disabilities?

For students with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), California Connections Academy provides a continuum of virtual special education services that range from consultation, curriculum accommodation and modification, collaboration with learning coaches and general education teachers, to virtual direct instruction. California Connections Academy provides students with IEPs with related services that may include virtual speech language and virtual occupational therapy, as determined by the IEP team. For eligible students with disabilities who do not require special education, California Connections Academy develops (as needed) and implements Section 504 plans that detail appropriate accommodations.

How do I request a transcript or report card?

California Connections Academy has authorized Parchment, Inc. to provide free transcripts and report cards in electronic or paper format. If this is your first time requesting a transcript, you will first have to register by creating a new account. Once you have created your account, you can request to have your transcript sent to any destination and track your transcript order. For any questions regarding obtaining your transcript or report card through Parchment, please feel free to contact Danielle Jespersen via email at or by phone at (925) 290-7925.

Has any educational organization ever evaluated the program and its curriculum?

California Connections Academy schools are accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).

Does California Connections Academy follow California state education standards?

Yes, as a California public school, California Connections Academy aligns with state standards. Does this involve utilizing curriculum which aligns with the California Healthy Youth Act? Yes, this curriculum has been implemented for our seventh and tenth grade students.

As the law requires the instruction to meet a number of guidelines, California Connections Academy offers the Middle School Sexual Health and HIV Prevention Education and the High School Sexual Health and HIV Prevention Education courses as standalone courses. These courses are not credit bearing and as such they will not have a grade assigned to them. Parents can opt out of comprehensive sexual education. In fact, the legislature recognized in the law that” parents and guardians have the ultimate responsibility for imparting values regarding human sexuality to their children.” Enrolled parents will have the opportunity to review the materials before lessons are taught to our 7th graders and 10th grade students.

For more information about accreditation for California Connections Academy schools, please visit the program accreditations page. Questions regarding accreditation can be directed to the school principal or to the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) at:

Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Schools
533 Airport Blvd., Suite 200
Burlingame, CA 94010

Read additional California Connections Academy FAQs

Are immunizations required?

Immunizations are not required to enroll in the school because the California Connections Academy virtual school program meets California’s criteria of an independent study program.

With this said, California Connections Academy schools are still required to collect information from parents and report to the state on immunizations. Therefore, immunization records should be submitted for students upon enrollment and resubmitted upon entry into seventh grade. Even though during the enrollment process all immunization records must be submitted, if the records indicate that the student has not received all the state required immunizations, the student will still be allowed to enroll.

Documentation of every received shot will assist California Connections Academy school staff in notifying families with unvaccinated students of exclusion from in-person activities in the event of a disease outbreak that may impact their student(s).

Families will be able to submit immunization records and/or other documentation once they begin the enrollment process.