California Online High School Program
Online education is a natural fit for today’s teens. High school students have grown up with the Internet, and they use technology to connect with each other and their interests every day. Who better to take advantage of the benefits and possibilities of a free virtual high school program?
At California Connections Academy online high schools, the curriculum is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While math, science, English, and social studies form the core of the curriculum, California Connections Academy also offers a wide variety of
online high school courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Online High School Courses in California
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core online high school courses covers subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and AP® Courses: Our online high school Honors/AP courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- Ask about the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) for high school students.
- College Courses: Students may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
- A-G Approved Courses: Connections Academy is a University of California‐approved online school and has dozens of "a-g" approved courses that satisfy the entry requirements for the University of California and the California State University system.
Support and Guidance
California Connections Academy virtual high school students work collaboratively with their counselors and
Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and postsecondary planning. Highly qualified, certified teachers teach every core subject with expertise in their relevant content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To make sure that the graduating class of seniors is well prepared for the transition out of online high school, Connections Academy provides:
- A College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to a full-time, certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Debate Club
Students may also have the opportunity to join our school’s chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS), the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character.
California Connections Academy provides these levels of in-depth support to ensure that students understand the California Connections Academy online high school graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Student interaction is a critical part of the overall educational process. While most of the instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through
LiveLesson® technology. This is also the technology students use to turn in homework assignments and securely track their own progress.
Learn More about the Technology