Eligibility Requirements for the 2020-21 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Inspire, the Idaho Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Idaho are determined by the Idaho State Charter Commission, which is the authorizing body for Inspire. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Idaho Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Hospital certificate
- Military identification
- Student driver's license
- Adoption record
- Tribal affiliation card
- Green card
- Custody documentation
You must reside in the state of Idaho and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Inspire.
If your family is in need of support due to housing or economic hardship, you may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act. Click on the documents below for more information:
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, sewage, trash, propane oil, cable, internet, cell phone, home phone or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name
- Mortgage statement or annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Payroll stubs
- W-2 form
- Letter from a government agency dated within the last 60 days
- Bank statement
- Voter registration card
- Driver's license/state ID
- Vehicle registration
- Property deed
- Tribal Identification
All Inspire students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Idaho official immunization form, an immunization booklet obtained from your physician, or the Connections Academy Immunization form.
Idaho allows for medical and philosophical exemptions; however medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. Please use the Idaho Certificate of Immunization Exemption form if requesting an exemption.
See the Idaho school immunization requirements:
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students that have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
Return to Inspire enrollment instructions
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.