Eligibility Requirements for the 2019-20 School Year
You must meet specific requirements established by Big Horn County School District #1 to attend Wyoming Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following Wyoming online school eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled or suspended from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 15 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 15 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 15 will not be eligible to enroll in Wyoming Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
You must reside in the state of Wyoming and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Wyoming Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, cable, home phone, internet, water, or sewage bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or signed annual lease agreement
- Wyoming Tax Assessment Form showing property address
- Wyoming driver's license/state ID showing your home address
- Voter registration card
- W-2 form showing your home address
Any of the following are also acceptable if dated within the past 60 days:
- Payroll stub showing your home address
- Bank statement
- Letter from a government agency
All Wyoming Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Wyoming official immunization form, an immunization booklet with each dose signed/stamped, an official school record, a health provider/Health Department printout or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Wyoming allows for medical and religious exemptions. To seek a medical exemption the parent or guardian must submit to the State Health Officer or County Health Officer a signed, notarized, Wyoming Department of Health Medical Exemption form. This form must be accompanied by written evidence from any physician licensed to practice medicine in any jurisdiction of the United States, that the administration of the specific immunization is medically contraindicated to the pupil.
To seek a religious exemption the parent or guardian shall sign a notarized, Wyoming Department of Health Religious Exemption form stating that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with his religious tenets and religious practices.
See the Wyoming school immunization requirements:
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Wyoming Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions