Washington Online School Eligibility Requirements for the 2020-21 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Washington Connections Academy (WACA). Student eligibility requirements are determined by Washington state laws. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in WACA for grades K–12.
Note: Washington Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently expelled from their local school or district. Students who are currently suspended from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 31 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
First grade: Any student enrolling in 1st grade must be six (6) years old on or before August 31 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before August 31 will not be eligible to enroll in Washington Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Baptismal papers (Grades 2–12)
- Hospital certificate (Grades 2–12)
- Custody documentation (Grades 2–12)
- Green card (Grades 2–12)
You must reside within the state of Washington and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, water, sewage, cable, home phone, or internet bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Driver’s License or State Issued ID
- Payroll stub from the last 60 days
- Letter from a government agency from the last 60 days
All Washington Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on the state of Washington Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form.
Washington allows for medical, personal, or religious exemptions. Exemptions must be on the state form. Please find the exemption form on the Washington Department of Health website.
See the Washington School Immunization Requirements
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Washington Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions