Father and daughter work at laptop together

Washington Connections Academy Enrollment Checklist for the 2021-22 School Year

Thank you for considering Washington Connections Academy for your child's education. Many families have found our online school program to be a better fit for their students. The information on this page will help you prepare for enrollment.

Get Prepared icon

Get Prepared for Enrollment

Do you have everything you need? Because Connections Academy is a public school, parents must submit state-required information and documentation for each student. You will save time and enrollment will go more smoothly if you are prepared!

Use the Enrollment Checklist below to gather the documents you will need. The checklist lists your state's requirements, plus tips to help you find documents you may not have. Once you have your documents ready, it’s easy to create an account and complete the enrollment forms in Connexus®, our online system.

Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district are not eligible to enroll. Students who are currently suspended from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

What Documents to Have Ready

Please have the following documents available when you are ready to begin the enrollment process:

Required Documents

The documents below are required for enrollment in Washington Connections Academy. Please submit or transfer information from the following:

Proof of age icon

Child's Proof of Age

A copy of one of the following must be provided for each child in order to verify age eligibility:

  • Official birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Baptismal papers (Grades 2-12)
  • Hospital certificate (Grades 2-12)
  • Custody documentation (Grades 2-12)
  • Green card (Grades 2-12)

To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of one of these official documents along with your other enrollment documents. If you do not have either of these documents, please contact the enrollment team at 844-227-0920 to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Not Sure Where to Get That?

As a reminder, the age eligibility is as follows:

  • Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 31 in the school year for he or she is enrolling.
  • First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before August 31 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.
  • Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before August 31 will not be eligible to enroll in Washington Connections Academy.

Proof of icon

Proof of Residence (1 form)

According to the Washington Higher Education Department, you must reside in the state of Washington and provide ONE acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Washington Connections Academy. There are many verifiable forms of documentation, which are detailed below.

Not Sure What is Accepted as Proof?

  • Gas, electric, water, sewage, cable, home phone, or internet bill, from the last 60 days, that includes your name and service address
  • Mortgage statement (from the last 60 days) or an annual lease agreement
  • Property tax statement
  • Driver’s License or State Issued ID
  • Payroll stub from the last 60 days
  • Letter from a government agency from the last 60 days

Proof of immunization icon

Child’s Proof of Immunization

All Washington Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on the state of Washington Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form.

Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?

Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?

Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots they need to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.


A student may be exempt from immunizations for the following reasons: medical exemption, personal beliefs, or religious beliefs.

  • Personal or Religious Exemption: You must submit the Department of Health-approved Washington Certificate of Exemption, found at http://www.doh.wa.gov
  • Medical Exemption: You must submit the Department of Health-approved Washington Certificate of Medical Exemption, found at http://www.doh.wa.gov

Important Documents

Academic Records icon

Prior Academic Records

All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll and will be requested to submit academic records for placement.

  • Report Card
    For students applying for grades K–9: Please submit a copy of the report card from the most recent school year.

    The following items should be included on the report card:
    • Student name
    • Grade level
    • School year (example: 2020–21)
    • School name
  • Unofficial Transcript
    For students applying for grade 10-12: Submit an unofficial transcript that includes the complete end-of-year grades from the prior school year and any academic documentation (such as a progress report/interim report, class schedule, or marking period/semester report card) issued for the prior current school year. Additional documentation may be requested for placement.

    The following items should be included on the unofficial transcript:
    • Student name
    • Grade level
    • School year (example: 2020–21)
    • School name
    • Grading Scale (example: 90–100%=A)
    • Credits Earned
Not Sure How to Get Your Child’s Report Card?

  • Contact your student's previous school and request the document, providing them with the information outlined above, OR contact your school's district office with the request.

If after attempting these steps you still cannot obtain your student's report card, please contact the academic placement services team at 844-227-0920 to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Have Your Child(ren) Been Formerly Homeschooled?

  • Prior Academic History Form
    For homeschooled students in grades K–12: Complete the Prior Academic History Form indicating what courses were completed through a homeschool curriculum. This form will be available to you in Connexus.

Choice Transfer Request Forms

Please fill out one form for the school you are enrolling in and submit it to your resident school district: 

Other Documents for Special Circumstances

Though not applicable to all families, please submit the documentation requested if the information below is specific to your student.

Other Documents icon

Other Documentation

You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:

  • Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
  • Gifted Documentation: If you are requesting any Gifted and Talented programs, you will need to submit formal gifted documentation which may include a gifted report card, gifted testing results, or a gifted evaluation. This document is required for Gifted and Talented course placement.

Ready to Enroll?

Once you have all of the required documentation (outlined above), you are ready to proceed with enrollment in our K–12 online school Washington Connections Academy.

Problems or Questions?

If you have any concerns or questions about how to enroll or use our Washington online school enrollment checklist, our enrollment team is here to help. Please call us at 844-227-0920.

Washington Connections Academy admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected classification.