Washington Online High School Program
Today’s teens have grown up with technology as a part of their daily lives, which makes Washington Connections Academy’s online high school program a natural fit. Our tuition-free online school in Washington provides students with all the benefits and possibilities that come with an online learning environment.
Supported by Connections Academy, a leader in online learning, our online high school in Washington State features a finely tuned curriculum* that helps students build a solid foundation for a successful future. We help students master core classes that include math, science, English, and social studies. In addition to required courses, our students also have the opportunity to choose electives from a wide variety of online high school classes to help prepare them to attend college or start a career.
Virtual High School Classes in Washington
High school students have many options for picking the classes they need to make their high school years successful in our online schools. This includes:
- Core and Elective Courses- Our inclusive core online high school courses cover math, science English, and social studies.
- Elective courses- Students can choose from many electives during their high school career, including world languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®)* Courses- For students who want to accelerate their studies, we offer Honors/AP online courses. These classes help online school students in Washington master specific subjects and are particularly beneficial for students interested in attending college after high school.
- NCAA-Approved Courses- For Washington student athletes, we offer many core classes that are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
If an online school sounds like a good fit for your student, you can review sample lessons and read about Connections Academy’sⓇ academic partners.
Support and Guidance
Washington Connections Academy students work closely with counselors and Learning Coaches as they progress through their high school years. They develop an academic plan and postsecondary plan to help them during high school and after graduation. Every class at Washington Connections Academy is taught by a certified teacher and expert in the subject matter. Your student will be instructed by teachers trained not only in the class they teach but also in the best practices for online education.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
Our goal is to make sure graduating seniors are prepared to make the transition from online high school to higher education or a career path. We do this by offering:
- College Planning Club- This helps college-bound students develop a portfolio filled with relevant documentation of activities and experiences sought after by college admissions committees.
- Access to a certified full-time school counselor who helps students with day-to-day needs and preparing for the future.
- Assistance creating an academic plan for students’ time at Washington Connections Academy online high school. This four-year plan helps students see their progress and helps ensure they meet requirements for graduation.
- Extracurricular activities such as Debate Club and the Student Advisory Council help round out our students’ education.
We understand that not all of our online school students will go on to attend college. We offer career and college planning to our students that includes:
- Finding the right college or trade school program to fit the student’s needs
- Access to Career and Technical Education courses that enable students to explore career paths
- Help with finding appropriate career or educational opportunities
- Help with the college application process, including LiveLesson® online workshops and detailed information on all local colleges and universities
- Financial aid assistance, which includes LiveLesson online workshops
- Access to free college admission test prep courses and information about test dates and locations
Supporting our online high school students in Washington State is one of our highest priorities. We believe it’s our responsibility not only to help them achieve their academic goals to graduate from high school but also to prepare them for life after graduation.
Learn More About the Technology